Quantcast

Confession Time-I Littered the Trails

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
A couple of months ago a fellow RM complained about finding a bike pump on the trail, I think it was on Kachess. Since then I have inadvertently decided to add to the "litter". Heres the short list:
SST-Bike tube and glove-someone found the glove for me
Taneum-Alien Multi-Tool
White River-Park Chain Tool and Crank Brothers Multi-I heard something drop and stopped to look but found nothing. I apparently stuck too much stuff in the seat pack and the zipper came undone.
Kachess-Bike Pump-not sure how I lost this one except I crashed and strained my knee coming down and after that I was only thinking of making it to the bottom. The frame holder broke but it still had a velcro strap-I think a gremlin tore this one off.

I also have to add I have been know to lose a few water bottles.

Anyone else with a confession? :o:

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Hmmm, over the years...

- 1 bike pump
- 1 CO2 inflator
- 1 headlamp
- 1 map
- 1 deraileur
- 3 chains
- 1 tube
- 1 cleat
- 1 multi tool
- 1 chain tool
- 2 tire levers
- 1 helmet visor
- 1 pair of gloves
- a couple of water bottles, tubes of goo, cliff bars, and a few other things I'm sure

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I confess I walk race courses and see what I can find. Now, if it has a name or phone # on it I will always try and return it to the owner.

geargrrl

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Let me know next time you plan on littering so I can follow you and pick it up. Not because I hate seeing litter on the trail (although I do) but because I'm too poor to buy my own stuff. One person's trash...

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Back in the day, when I ran a 1.85" back tire and rode a Ritchey Ultra with a snycros front fork, I used to hang my tubes from the branches of trees I flatted beneath...no excuses here...

I'm sorry...

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Borregokid said:
SST-Bike tube and glove-someone found the glove for me
How on earth do you lose a glove? Thats like losing a shoe!

Come to think of it, you ever see one shoe on the side of the road? How the hell does that happen? :confused:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Biscuit said:
How on earth do you lose a glove? Thats like losing a shoe!

Not sure how you lose one glove. I saw it sitting on a lost and found table at a race and thought that kind of looks my glove but I have both of mine. Later I looked and saw I only had one glove, I had taken them off at the start of the race.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Skookum said:
Once in a great while i leave a heapin stinky loaf, but that's about it..... :blah:
Thanks for the heads up, I wll keep my eyes open if I am out bushwhacking at Kettle Crest. Seriously last summer some loggers set up on Cle Elum Ridge last summer and were there about two weeks. During mid-day I couldnt go under their lines so .... well you figure it out. The Sierra Club would have been shocked.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
ioscope said:
A multitude of tools, a pair of gloves, I scored a watch at PA though!
With all the stuff I have lost somebody has to be finding something-I havent found anything yet except for some old tubes. ;)