Quantcast

Confused -- '03 Marzocchi question (?)

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
I have a new single speed on the way and I want to replace the stock rigid fork with a 100mm-travel Marzocchi. Thought I understood their different damping mechanisms until I saw their new webpage.

Which is Marzocchi's "nicer" damping? The two forks I'm looking at are the MX Pro w/ ETA and the MX Comp w/ ETA. THe MX Pro is listed as having SSVF Hydraulic damping and the MX Comp has open bath SSV Hydraulic damping.

Any insite?

Thanks!

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
i have an mx comp and it is really nice on its own. The difference is that the damping is adjustable on the pro at the bottom of the forkleg and on the comp I unscrew the left crown and twist the stanchion tube to the left, negative and to the right, positive.

You need the pro if you are racing and if you are not you do not need it.

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
I've got an MXcomp ETA and it's excellent. the lack of external adjustment was actually a selling point (to me, at least) as it's one less thing to get damaged in a crash or in transport.

You adjust the damping by removing the topcaps and inserting a long allen key type rod.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Originally posted by PaulE
I've got an MXcomp ETA and it's excellent. the lack of external adjustment was actually a selling point (to me, at least) as it's one less thing to get damaged in a crash or in transport.

You adjust the damping by removing the topcaps and inserting a long allen key type rod.
what he said. i had to read the manual twice. i got the same fork, I am just changing out the golden spectro in the next week or so for some high performance racing oil.

i thought about it and the rebound is turned up way too high on them when they are stock so I gotta adjust. damn knocking noises.