Quantcast

Congrats Stikman

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/3837.html

Intense Hires New Marketing Manager

TEMECULA, CA (BRAIN)—Intense Cycles has hired Craig “Stikman” Glaspell as its new marketing manager.

Glaspell brings with him an extensive background in the bicycle business, beginning in the mid-80s and ranging from retail to world cup racing. He was best known as team manager and wrench for some of the best racers in the world, including Brian Lopes and Leigh Donovan, who later became his wife.

Stikman left the bike industry in 2005 to pursue a career as a professional photographer and start a family.

“I had become a professional photographer with many bicycle and motocross industry clients after I left the bike biz and we also started a successful e-commerce store," Glaspell said. "But I was really missing the bike scene. I have a 15-year history with Intense, either choosing their bikes for my race teams or riding them myself. I am really pumped to finally be a part of a brand that I can unequivocally be proud of.”

Glaspell will be working in the creative department with owner Jeff Steber and will be the company’s contact person for all marketing, media and PR projects.

“It is going to be a fun, new adventure with Stikman," Steber said. "I have known Stik for a long time and have always liked his vision in regards to our brand, and we are growing daily so it was time to make the move.”

Last edited:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Congrats Stik! Can't think of a better person to represent Intense. No bull****, no drama, and tons of experience...plus you can tell Jeff to cool it on the HDR stuff. :D

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Thanks monkeys!

It's a perfect fit all the way around, hearing machines buzzing away and watching bikes being made out my window is inspiring.

WBC, Jeff is actually doing some 'M-series' work today, M6 evo name is dead, but the heart of the bike is much the same.

And kidwoo, we are so hooked in here, 5d2's, 7d's, and a new sony ex1-r, cant wait to get out and use those some more....sick footy bro'

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
I guess Jeff got tired of you just hanging around all the time and figured he may as well put you to work.:D

congrats! Looking forward to the M work.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Marketing suggestion 1: Make Rick stay off internet forums http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=590411&highlight=fearno
good suggestion.

the first time RTW made an idiot of himself (and made Intense look bad as a brand) by insulting an Intense customer on the Intense forum, I pm'd Jeff and got an immediate response saying he had had a talk with Rick about this issue.

p.s. congrats stikman

I don't spend much time on emptybeer's dh forum & wasn't aware Rick was yet again trying to harm the Intense brand that writes his paycheck. :facepalm: how can Rick be so completely clueless?

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Dr. Mr Glasspel,

I am starting a grass roots race program and am currently seeking a tire and frame sponsor. As of now, our riders are all upstart privateers with no results, no equipment and no talent, but we all share a great love for the sport and have matching TLD kits that are sure to turn heads.

I am currently recruiting top tier riders from such talent hotbeds as, Pinkbike, MTBR and Ridemonkey...expect big things; we will make you and Intense famous. Feel free to PM me to work out contract negotiations.

Sincerely,
Skidmark Racing Inc.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Dr. Mr Glasspel,

I am starting a grass roots race program and am currently seeking a tire and frame sponsor. As of now, our riders are all upstart privateers with no results, no equipment and no talent, but we all share a great love for the sport and have matching TLD kits that are sure to turn heads.

I am currently recruiting top tier riders from such talent hotbeds as, Pinkbike, MTBR and Ridemonkey...expect big things; we will make you and Intense famous. Feel free to PM me to work out contract negotiations.

Sincerely,
Skidmark Racing Inc.
:rofl::thumb:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Stik, could you guys put the dumpster out in the open out back? I need some props for my garage wall/worsk space. We just moved to Temecula, IntenseForLifeCA.

Congrats..

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Awesome, good job! Adjustable rocker link lower shock mount? A la 2001 FSR Palmer Replicas........

That would be sick.