Quantcast

Congrats to Windham Mountain

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Big ups to everyone at the mountain and the town of Windham for stepping up and putting on an EXCELLENT event this past weekend! Handling such a large race with so many participants and so many events can be a logistical nightmare, and it all seemed to go off relatively without a hitch this past weekend. It's even more impressive considering that the event staff was predominantly volunteers. Congrats again guys! Hopefully we'll see the World Cup back in the Catskills in 2011

:thumb: :clapping::clapping::cheers:

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Yeah, seemed like all the top racers liked the event/track as well.. Comparable to La Bresse to last year, where everyone thought the course looked weak, but the event/course turned out to be awesome.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
A grand time, indeed.

Greene County folks pulled out the red carpet for this event. I was pulled over for speeding on my way down for the Citizen's race. The cop looked at my bike, asked if I was going to the race and then told me to keep it under 69 mph and I'd be OK!

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
It was a well-run and fun event.

I would like to see Windham start a bike park program: tons of potential at that mountain.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Yes, they did a great job. Very well organized. I have been to quite a few races but nothing had the electricity and vibe this W.C. had.
The 4x course was great but talking to some of the riders they complained the dh course was too easy. There wasn't enough to seperate the riders......Yeah that is why there were plenty of flat tires and a few crashes. i think a certian someone was just bitter he crashed in the last section of the course. The top 5 riders stayed on top because they are the best. I think a fast track just shows how fast the best riders are.
Grapevine has it the Windham bid is for 3yrs with the promise of another finals!