Quantcast

Congratulations to the Hurricanes - Stanley Cup Champs

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I gotta hand it to the Hurricanes - they looked like crap in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, but last night they bounced back big time in Game 7 and really took it to Edmonton.

Great effort, great game, great series, great Stanley Cup finals.

How cool is it to see fans in Edmonton and in North Carolina singing along to both national anthems! To me that is super great stuff!

And there is definitely no greater trophy than the Stanley Cup - to see the joy on the players faces while they hoisted the cup up in the air - gave me goosebumps.

Players on both sides really laid it all on the line for their team and their teammates - I think that is what makes hockey so damned special. Guys giving and taking massive hits, backchecking like fiends, and blocking shots left and right with any part of their body they can throw in front of the puck. Couple that with a great deal of speed, skill and killer goaltending and that was one helluva final series in my opinion. Great for the Game too!

Hockey kicks ass! :cool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Great game. Glad to see the Hurricanes get it.

Ward had some pretty nice saves there, it was great to see him get MVP.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
manhattanprjkt83 said:
the Stanley Cup should never reside in CAROLINA...Edmonton should have it...
:stupid:

I was really rooting for the Oilers but Carolina really earned it, they played the better game.

I haven't watched much pro hockey but that was the fastest game I have ever seen. No doubt every player out there was giving everything they had. You don't seem to get the a-hole attitudes in hockey as most other pro sports have.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Westy - if it looked fast on TV - you should hit a game in person sometime. Even if it is a minor league, or better yet a college game.......hockey is arguably the fastest team sport there is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMcG said:
Westy - if it looked fast on TV - you should hit a game in person sometime. Even if it is a minor league, or better yet a college game.......hockey is arguably the fastest team sport there is.
I've watched a lot of college hockey, just not much pro. Hockey ruled where I went to school. I just thought last nights game was much more intense than the rest of the games I saw during these finals.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MMcG said:
What about cycling?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I only saw the second period, but it was a hell of a period! From what I saw, Carolina deserved the win, and Cam Ward was a stud in net.

And yes - hockey does in deed kick ass.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As a former Whalers fan, it's quite upsetting to see the Hurricanes win the Cup. I doubt there were many former Cleveland Browns fans who were happy when the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

BTW, I flipped the game on and it was 2-0, so I turned it right back off. I didn't want to see it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manhattanprjkt83 said:
i've seen my share of hockey games, and the fans in that stadium were some of the loudest, most pumped fans i can think of, ever. carolina fans definitely support their team.

great game last night.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
As a former Whalers fan, it's quite upsetting to see the Hurricanes win the Cup. I doubt there were many former Cleveland Browns fans who were happy when the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

BTW, I flipped the game on and it was 2-0, so I turned it right back off. I didn't want to see it.

I watched the game for the game itself, not really for it being Carolina vs. Edmonton (although my heard lied with the Canes because I wanted to see BrindAmor get a cup and I also wanted to see Glen Wesley get a cup - and also because I'm not a huge Pronger fan (although I gotta admit, he played awesome in these playoffs))

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
:stupid:

that was a great series, regardless if you were or weren't a fan of either team. if you like hockey, you should have watched.

just curious, IAB - did you watch the sox instead?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
just curious, IAB - did you watch the sox instead?
I had the Sox game on as background noise, but was doing chores so I really didn't sit around and watch anything. I was curious to see how that Earl Snyder dude was going to pitch yesterday. Not too shabby!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Well.....that's not a very nice thing to say. If Edmonton truly deserved it, they probably should have thought about winning Game 7, huh? :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jeremy R said:
He must have been joking. Male Jetta drivers are not even allowed to watch Hockey.
The one exception is if you have a mullet, which probably does not apply in this case. The mullet is like the hockey get out of jail free card.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sweet post. good pics, looks like a lot of fun.

where are the burning cars and looted storefronts?

oh wait, detroit didn't win this year.