Quantcast

Conrad Stoltz wins XTERRA USA Champs and US Pro Series

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Conrad Stoltz grabbed the win at the XTERRA USA Championships well ahead of 2009 winner Nicolas Lebrun from France. With that victory Conrad also earned the XTERRA U.S. Pro Series title for the 8th time now. </p><p>
</p><p>
Seth Wealing and Brandon Rakita led the Pro men out of the water of the Snowbasin Resort in Ogden, Utah and Conrad got into transition about a minute behind them. But with the race rarely ever won during the swim, all eyes were on the bike segment. Conrad quickly jumped on his Specialized 29er and stormed through the field and by mile 4 had turned the 1-minute swim deficit into a 1-minute advantage. Conrad's bike split of 1:25:11 was fastest on the day and allowed him to reach the bike-run transition with a lead of more than 5-minutes. </p><p>
</p><p>
The comfortable lead allowed Conrad to enjoy the final trail run and in the end he actually still won by a 5-minute margin. Conrad's solid season was rewarded XTERRA U.S. Pro Series title.</p><p>
</p><p>
"I’m really, really surprised with my performance today," said Stoltz. "I’ve said before that this is the anti-Conrad course because there are 3,000-feet of climbing and not a whole lot of descending, and because I’m 180 pounds it is especially challenging for me, but my legs felt amazing and the Specialized 29’er I was riding was incredible, it just rolled over all the roots and rocks."</p><p>
</p><p>
XTERRA USA Championships </p><p>
Snowbasin Resort / Ogden, Utah / September 25, 2010 </p><p>
1 mile swim / 19 mile mountain bike / 6.5 mile trail run. </p><p>
</p><p>
Top 5 men </p><p>
</p><p>
1. Conrad Stoltz (RSA) 2:24:03 </p><p>
2. Nicolas Lebrun (FRA) 2:29:02 </p><p>
3. Josiah Middaugh (USA) 2:29:38 </p><p>
4. Dan Hugo (RSA) 2:29:44 </p><p>
5. Felix Schumann (GER) 2:30:03</p>