Quantcast

Conservapedia

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
If you're looking for some material to blend in on conservativeforums.com or are lookin' for a little ammo to counter those pesky atheists when they come a knockin' then go to http://www.conservapedia.com

"We don't make false claims of neutrality, as Wikipedia does. We have certain principles that we adhere to, and we are up-front about them. Beyond that we welcome the facts."

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
I've only read few parts of their definition of evolution and it seems that their main proof against the theory is something like "95% of conservetards don't believe in evolution therefore it must be wrong."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Why is is that every source that is not extremely right wing is a biased source to conservatives? A little paranoia goes a long way...

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I check their evolution page every few weeks, I have seen Lenin, Marx, Hitler, Stalin, and pictures of the Holocaust in the upper right.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Some Gems from the Conservapedia news ticker.

Three strikes and you're out: the homosexual agenda loses big in Florida, Arizona and California, as traditional marriage amendments carried in all three states. The homosexual agenda lost in Arkansas too. But they poured millions into Obama's campaign, thinking he would somehow give them "change". It was probably other Obama voters seeking their "change" who put the California initiative over the top.
Lookout! It's the gay agenda!

Separate classes in a New Jersey public school result in "an increase in 'healthy' competition between the boys and girls."[16] The liberal ACLU has sued to stop a similar program in Kentucky, which would deprive students of this benefit.
Segregation can be fun! Damn the LIBERAL ACLU from stopping honest fun!

Despite what they say about conservatives, it is the liberal left and their allies in the Democratic Party that are the real perpetrators of hate and bigotry, as indicated here.
Hey I'm sick of the Liberal bigotry too!

A study carried out at Baylor University has shown that Americans who do not attend a place of worship are far more likely than churchgoers to have a belief in such things as the Loch Ness Monster, Atlantis, communication with the dead, and astrology. Evangelical Conservative Christians are the least likely to have such irrational beliefs. Comments journalist Tom Flannery: "The truth is that the New Atheists, who worship at the altar of human reason, aren't very good when it comes to reasoning; and their veneration of science all too often hides a preoccupation with pseudoscience. Though they rail against superstition, they are in fact its biggest proponents."
What?

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Segregation can be fun! Damn the LIBERAL ACLU from stopping honest fun!
did you read the source article?

http://www.nj.com/newark/index.ssf/2008/11/a_switch_to_samesex_classes_in.html

it's not about race segregation, it's about separating the boy and girls because of their different, genetically driven, learning traits. i think it's an awesome idea. too many boys today are misdiagnosed as hyperactive when, in fact, they are just being boys. unfortunately, that particular character trait doesn't mesh with the sit still and listen form of teaching common in most curriculum.

**This just in: Boys Prepatory School is full of ....boys!....someone call the ACLU and desegregate this societal tragedy!! ** :rolleyes:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
http://www.aclu.org/womensrights/edu/35391prs20080519.html

On behalf of five families, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of Kentucky filed an amended complaint in federal court today charging that segregating classes by sex in Breckinridge County Middle School is illegal and discriminatory. The ACLU's lawsuit expands a previous lawsuit filed by a private attorney against the Breckinridge County School District and other county entities to include the U.S. Department of Education.

"The Breckinridge County sex-segregated classrooms are not only unlawful because they deny boys and girls equal opportunities in education these kinds of experimental programs are also misguided in that they distract from efforts that we know can improve all students' education like improved funding, smaller classes, more parental involvement and better trained teachers," said Emily Martin, Deputy Director of the ACLU Women's Rights Project.

The ACLU lawsuit argues that Breckinridge County Middle School's sex-segregated classes are fundamentally unequal and unlawful and violate the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Educational Opportunities Act, and the state sex equity law. It also argues that by issuing federal regulations that encourage school districts to segregate students by sex, the U.S. Department of Education has violated the law.

The Breckinridge County School District instituted sex-segregated classrooms in its middle school in 2003, shortly after the U.S. Department of Education announced its intention to loosen federal restrictions on sex-segregated education. According to the Department of Education's own review in 2005, there was no strong evidence that sex-segregated instruction was beneficial to students or improved their education. Nevertheless, the Department of Education issued regulations in October 2006 that, for the first time in 30 years, allowed public coeducational schools to segregate students by sex. In doing so, it broke with over 20 other federal agencies that continue to have regulations on the books forbidding such segregation, which apply to many public schools including Breckinridge County Middle School. Nevertheless, in the wake of the Department of Education's actions, public school districts across the country have created single-sex programs.

At Breckinridge County Middle School, the classes for boys, the classes for girls, and the coeducational classes differ from each other significantly, apparently using different textbooks and covering academic material at different rates. Although in previous years parents were given the option of whether to participate in sex-segregated classes, in the 2007-2008 school year, students were assigned to all-male, all-female, or co-educational classes with no input from the students or parents. Only after parents complained did the school notify parents - several weeks later - that they could opt out of the segregated classes.

However, because in at least some instances the available coeducational classes were not equal to the sex-segregated classes, parents who would otherwise have preferred their children benefit from the diversity of a coeducational setting could not remove their children from the same-sex classes without sacrificing the best instruction available for their children. In addition, when the best class in a particular subject was a single-sex class, students of the opposite sex were unable to participate in the best education the school had to offer.

"More and more public school districts around the country are experimenting with sex-segregated schools and classrooms, often presenting these programs as quick-fix solutions to an array of problems facing their local public schools," said Michael Aldridge, Executive Director of the ACLU of Kentucky. "Sex-segregated education diminishes real diversity in education. One of the strengths of public schools is the opportunity they provide for students of different sexes, races, and religions to learn from each other."

Frankie Anthony, whom the ACLU is representing, has two daughters who attend Breckinridge County Middle School. He is concerned about the school's sex-segregated program and wants the best education possible for his daughters. His older daughter, Nikki, is a talented math student assigned to an all-girl math class.

"I think my daughters will be less prepared to succeed in the world if they can't socialize, compete and work together with boys in school, but I can't take my daughter out of her math class without compromising her education, because it's the best math class in the school. At the same time, boys don't even have the option to be in her math class," said Anthony.

"Real life doesn't put boys in one room and girls in another," added Nikki Anthony. "I don't think it's fair that the smartest boys in my grade can't take math with me or that I can't take English with them."

Compounding the problem, the Breckinridge County School District has recently hired as a consultant David Chadwell, Director of Single-Sex Initiatives in the South Carolina Department of Education and board member of the National Association for Single Sex Public Education - an organization that advocates questionable "brain science" theories that sex segregation is necessary because boys' and girls' brains are so different. In his writing and on his website, Chadwell urges teachers to treat boys and girls very differently - for example, allowing boys to talk loudly in class and insisting that girls remain quiet; encouraging boys - but not girls - to toss balls while answering questions; and giving boys - but not girls - time limits for academic tasks.

Organizations that have previously opposed the single-sex regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Education include the National Education Association and the American Association of University Women.
I bolded the main parts of why the ACLU is taking up this case

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

it's not about race segregation, it's about separating the boy and girls because of their different, genetically driven, learning traits. i think it's an awesome idea. too many boys today are misdiagnosed as hyperactive when, in fact, they are just being boys. unfortunately, that particular character trait doesn't mesh with the sit still and listen form of teaching common in most curriculum.

**This just in: Boys Prepatory School is full of ....boys!....someone call the ACLU and desegregate this societal tragedy!! ** :rolleyes:
Early childhood education is as much about learning social interaction and how to behave as it is about counting and reading. Segregating boys from girls is completely ridiculous in a public school setting.

As you mentioned, if you want your son to be segregated for some odd reason, send them to a private boys school. Give people the choice, don't force it upon them.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
"Real life doesn't put boys in one room and girls in another,"

Out of the mouth of babes...

(That's a biblical quote, not an endorsement of pedophilia. Since a girl said it, I don't even have a joke to make about a child molesting Catholic priest either...)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
wow, you should read their "article of the year" on atheism
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism

Charles Bradlaugh, in 1876, proposed that atheism does not assert "there is no God," and by doing so he diluted the traditional definition of atheism. Since 1979, many atheists have followed Bradlaugh's thinking further and said that atheism is merely a lack of belief in any god.[6][7] The motive for such a shift in meaning appears to be to an attempt to shift the burden of proof regarding the existence of God to the theism side.[6]
I never "followed" anyone.....I just don't buy into religion and I think a lot of people are that way. You would swear people who don't believe are organizing and attacking religion

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
What is the difference between "there is no" and "I dont beleive in/that"?
Typically atheist versus agnostic....atheists don't believe in/deny the existence of god and agnostic say there is no way to know. I tend to be more agnostic than atheist, but it depends on the day :)

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
There is also a bit of crossover, like if you don't believe in a god(s) but you would if there was enough evidence to support it, then some people classify that as atheist, others as agnostic.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
The thing I hate the most about conservatives is that if you're not a conservative then you must be a far left liberal....some of us are middle of the road

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Sounds like they are starting to realise the need to recapture the support of voters like you.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/republicans-must-change-to-survive/2008/11/10/1226165481953.html

"As the recriminations over the Republicans' defeat in last week's elections continued, the deputy director of the Hoover Institution, David Brady, said the party had moved too far to the right, leaving behind a significant proportion of its supporter base, and that more would leave unless the party returned to the centre."

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
The thing I hate the most about conservatives is that if you're not a conservative then you must be a far left liberal....some of us are middle of the road
the Dems aren't far left anyway, it is just a Rove smear that people started believing

The Republicans will win in 2012 if they ditch the neocons and become free market fetishizing libertarians

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Sounds like they are starting to realise the need to recapture the support of voters like you.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/republicans-must-change-to-survive/2008/11/10/1226165481953.html

"As the recriminations over the Republicans' defeat in last week's elections continued, the deputy director of the Hoover Institution, David Brady, said the party had moved too far to the right, leaving behind a significant proportion of its supporter base, and that more would leave unless the party returned to the centre."
people like N8 are happy that the republican party got rid of all the RINOs. unfortunately they also ended up pissing off all of the people who voted for those RINOs...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
site is more like wackjobextremerightwingipedia.com instead. no page for compassionate conservatism and nation building is said to be a "debatable topic"... Barry Goldwater would be rolling in his grave if he could read this.

or maybe he already is, since the piece on Goldwater contains:
wackjobextremerightwingipedia.com said:
Barry Morris Goldwater (1909-1998) was a United States Senator and the Republican nominee for President in 1964. While often credited with reinventing the Republican Party after Presidential Election defeats in 1960 and 1964, and hailed as a Conservative hero by many (who gave him the nickname "Mr. Conservative"), many of his viewpoints would be considered more centrist, or even slightly liberal to modern-day US Conservatives.

Furthermore, Goldwater angered many social conservatives, criticizing the military's ban on homosexuals: "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."[5] He also said, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight." A few years before his death he went so far as to address the right wing, "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."[6]

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

it's not about race segregation, it's about separating the boy and girls because of their different, genetically driven, learning traits. i think it's an awesome idea.
And it almost guarantees that any kids that exhibit qualities or skills that are more common in the other gender will never learn to cultivate those. Expect all of the girls math and science scores to drop, boys reading skills to drop and all of them, in general, to be more poorly adjusted socially. (edit - just saw that they put the girls through intensive math and the boys through intensive reading to try to counteract that. so reverse the effect. If they are going to separate them it should be by actual ability, not because their penises make it hard to read books)

Studies and real-life experience show that within a certain range, mixing kids of different abilities and differing cultural/social backgrounds is beneficial to all involved, especially in primary school.

ADD/ADHD should be dealt with through teacher and parent training/education. There are methods of handling, treating, or even harnessing that energy that do not require removing children from a large portion (and entire segment) of their peers.

Last edited:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Even then, the "problem" with boys and reading lies in the books often chosen to read. Stuff like Captain Underpants and other graphic novels are what younger boys like, not the other crap that they usually choose. Unfortunately, I don't think zombie apocalypse books will be on a reading list any time soon.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Oh man, there's some winners:
Liberals think that Barack Obama is going to push the homosexual agenda and repeal DOMA.[9] Apparently they haven't realized yet that the Koran forbids homosexuality and Democrats are afraid of a repeat of landslide losses as in 1994.[10]
no comment necessary
Barack Obama told the San Francisco Chronicle that, under his cap-and-trade plan for reducing greenhouse gasses, "if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted".[42] John McCain favors using a market-based cap-and-trade plan to "allow for the gradual reduction of emissions". [43]
I guess they don't realize that Obama and McCain's plans are essentially the same, and the reason Obama says they'll be "charged a huge sum" is because of the market-based cap-and-trade plan that Obama supports.

ironspoke

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Irwin

That is an interesting article. I'm not sure how you could write about politics and the latest election and NOT mention John McCain which that article did not?

The picture was interesting as well. It made no mention of the fact that Californians voted for this measure. It just sits out there that is something that the Republicans are out of touch with...here look at all the people protesting.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
That is an interesting article. I'm not sure how you could write about politics and the latest election and NOT mention John McCain which that article did not?
Well McCain has had plenty of coverage in the SMH recently. I thought the focus of that article was future republican party policy direction and since its fairly obvious that that won't include McCain he wasn't mentioned in this article.

The picture was interesting as well. It made no mention of the fact that Californians voted for this measure. It just sits out there that is something that the Republicans are out of touch with...here look at all the people protesting.
I think the point of that was to show that despite the recent electoral results the American people are getting more receptive to issues such as gay marriage over time and it was pointing out that if the Republicans don't acknowledge this shift in attitude they will condemn themselves to future loss of support from mainstream America.