Quantcast

Constitution report

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Just returned from an amazing weekend over on orcas island. Caught the 6:30 ferry from anacortes, and had a beautiful ferry ride out. Hit the 4x4 campsite at dusk, set up camp, and some members choose to get rather drunk. The tailgate popped open when the hillclimb was attempted in 2 wheel drive, but the passengers sitting on everything in the back kept it together and we made it up. Saturday, we scored 2 campsites at the upper mountain lake campground, and proceeded to do 5 shuttles down the cold creek trail to cascade lake. I got 2 flats, the second when i tried to bunnyhop a small creek, and landed my rear wheel on a fang of rock doing about 30mph. Instantly flat! The trails were actually really dry and loose. The gravel in the switchbacks caused a lot of unintentional skidding. Other then that the riding was great. My favorite section is the trail down from the lookout to the south. Absolutely beautiful forest and views out to the west. Back in camp, we determined that the lake water was definately cold, especially after diving in :D then some grilling over the campfire, and partying :D and then some continued mayhem which will remain classified. then after going to bed at 3 am:D we woke up in the morning, cooked a nasty breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, and hashbrowns all stirred together, and drank campfire coffee. Then, we headed to the ferry where some members of the group tried to repeat the infamous tailgate party from the 7.5 hour ferry wait last september. Unfortunately, the wait this time was only 3 1/2 hours so drunkenness was kept to a medium. Everyone luckily made it back to bellingham in one piece. The most important thing that i learned this weekend was that you should always bring a redneck friend along on camping trips. Ours came prepared with a chainsaw, 2 axes, and fire gloves. He also had some great quotes, such as
1. It's not allowed on my grill if it wasn't killed
2. I don't masturbate. It just sometimes discharges accidentally when i am cleaning it
3. People who try to eat healthy and live active lifestyles end up in the hospital dying of nothing
4. do you want your eggs scrambled or fertilized?
He also created the hottest white man fire ever in the campground gazeebo, and then when an adjacent bench caught fire from the heat, he proved that pissing on it next to said hot fire was definately not a good idea :D We will definately be going back out next september when the trails open back up.