Quantcast

Contador Right On Time At Dauphine

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Alberto Contador demonstrated that his preparation is right on time. El Pistolero powered his S-Works Shiv through the prologue of the Criterium Dauphiné, his final race before July's Tour de France.</p><p>
</p><p>
"I was a little surprised (by my performance), but I also knew I would do a good time trial because the course and the distance both were very good for me," said Contador at the finish.</p><p>
</p><p>
The Astana team leader predicted that neither he nor his team will work to defend the leader's yellow jersey. "No, we will not do it. For me and for my team this would be a great effort, and we are here thinking primarily of the Tour de France. In addition, here are many riders in a great form and looking for the victory, while I'm still not at my best level." </p><p>
</p><p>
Alberto said he was very pleased with the performance of his bike, an evolved version of the S-Works Shiv. "We talked a lot with Specialized engineers to build this bike to make it a little smaller and better suited to my size. I think we succeeded. There is still a hard work to do, but I know for the Tour I will have a great time trial bike." </p><p>
</p><p>
This is the second time trial victory of the season for Alberto Contador, following the stage and overall win one at the Vuelta a Castilla and León.</p>

More...