Quantcast

Contest Suggestion: Warning ..Rant.!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Ok I'm bitter...
What about a ruling guideline for contest participants on future raffles. How about; "Contestant Must Have 20 or 30 posts To Be Eligible to Win."

So that Monkey members who actually contribute and participate in this lil community are the ones actually get rewarded..not some 2 post count from Right Said Fred who signed up last Nov and only posted 2 posts..One on the entry he won on and the other on a previous raffle he didn't win on.

Disney Land do this (not that RM is a theme park..it's a circus full of freaks).. "Save $40 on Entry Fees till the Month of August....." --then a fast reading disclaimer states... Discount is only good for Southern California residents with zip codes starting from 91910 to 92123.....Atleast the local residents get rewarded bec Disney knows that most of their visitors are local residents. RM should know.... we hear winner announcements of some joe or jane who never even posted or atleast annoy someone on the board.

ok, where was I again...pfft, I'm lost.. Beer thirty folks....

:devil:

R

RideMonkey

List all the winners of all the contests.

You will see that most are contributors.

:rolleyes:

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
people who contribute do win yes. but so do people who dont. there should be atleast alittle discrepancy to help out frequent users of this great website.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I won once, Orven, and if I don't contribute, at least I post a reasonable amount. ;) :D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Originally posted by heikkihall
Discrimination is BAD and not to mention Illegal :) :) :)
Unless your a fullface helmet wearing Downhiller ............cos then you should be fair game to any photoshop weilding .....er sorry I mean fair game too any contiecious upstanding citizen of the web.:D :D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by DaveW

Unless your a fullface helmet wearing Downhiller ............cos then you should be fair game to any photoshop weilding .....er sorry I mean fair game too any contiecious upstanding citizen of the web.:D :D
i've never been so violated...:D

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I pretty much agree with you concerning the contribution to the RM community Orven.

On the other hand, RM should never have contests that applies to US residents only like it is on Empty Beer and other places. That really makes me mad. :angry:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by FlipSide
I pretty much agree with you concerning the contribution to the RM community Orven.

On the other hand, RM should never have contests that applies to US residents only like it is on Empty Beer and other places. That really makes me mad. :angry:
there will never be justice...well, I don't feel too bad...the days I don't annoy anyone on RM are the only days I do contribute to the RM community... I just plain question authority...muhahahhahahaha:devil:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Originally posted by FlipSide
Yay for flipside! :D
a lot of us overseas monkeys do contribute to this site.......well ok maybe not me personaly but the others do.:thumb:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I've won too. (thanks bmxman)
I'm not concerned that the "one post only people" win because lot's of times these types of contests are to generate new "costumers." That's the nature of business. RM has to generate revenue to be able to afford to keep this wonderful community up and "free" to the users. So the occasional lurker winner is acceptable to me.

R

RideMonkey

I must admit that our rule stating "Members with names starting with the Letters "O", "Q", or "W" are not eligible to win may seem unfair. I can assure you that we do this for good reason.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by RideMonkey
I must admit that our rule stating "Members with names starting with the Letters "O", "Q", or "W" are not eligible to win may seem unfair. I can assure you that we do this for good reason.
thus, I question authority (Eric Cartman's voice..):devil:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Damn True
never question the authoritaaaaaaiiiiiiiii of the chief :monkey:

bad things happen..............real bad things
until my request for a custom title is overturned, I standfast and defiant:eek: :cool: :D