Quantcast

Conundrum...

Skate or risk the wrath?

• Skate, you will never have a chance like this again!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Dont trust her, get thee to the ball and act like you are having fun.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Bacon

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So I have a chance to go play in a charity hockey game with the Hanson Brothers and some of the other cast members (Many of whom are retired pro hockey players...) on the same night as the Marine Corps ball, an event Frau JohnE has been planning on going to for months. Frau says it is okay for me to go, and she will go solo ( :confused: ) with our Marine neighbors.

So the question is, fellow Monkeys, to skate or no to skate? Risk the wrath of the Frau?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Two questions:
1. Will you ever have the opportunity to play hockey with pro's like this again?
2. Will you have another Marine ball next year?

If the answer goes "no, yes", then go play hockey. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Deal with the reprecussions later.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
There's no "I" in team.

Hope that helps.

And another thing: Did you ever consider inviting HER to play hockey? Eh? I bet you feel pretty ashamed of yourself now....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Go skate. Your options are (1) miss out and feel a tinge of regret and resentment forever, or (2) go skate and maybe have to deal with a little wrath for a while, or maybe not. You know the Frau better than us, but seems like a pretty easy choice. Most people regret not doing things more than they regret whatever fallout they have to deal with from doing them.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Depends. Is the wife really ok with you going to the game? Is she really ok going to the ball solo or with other people? If your wife is the rare breed that says "Go to the game" and actually means "Go to the game", then go to the game. I'm lucky in that if I was in that situation and the wife really wanted me to go with her to the ball, she'd tell me.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Get your skates and pads and go to the next open skate night at the local rink. Then decide....
That's not a worry, I still skate a lot and can go pretty well for an old guy. I am supposed to fly out the next day after the game/ball...that may cause a problem.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I know, right? Its not like she will be alone, her best drinking buddy will be there, she will keep her out of trouble...I am going to skate!

Unless/until she changes her mind.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
(Sarcasm font was ON)

BUT, a thoughtful bombardier 70 odd years ago has solved this problem for me. The date for the ball has been bumped backwards a day (From Saturday to Friday...), due to them finding UXOs from WW2 in the area of the hotel hosting the ball, and due to the nature of the bombs and their condition, well, its a big hassle to get them out safely. So I can go and watch her get silly and skate the next day!