Quantcast

Convert motion control to mission control

vinceguy23

Chimp
Feb 12, 2010
Hi- I have an '08 boxxer team and i want to upgrade the motion control assembly to the '09 mission control- is this possible and where would i purchase?

I may have my info wrong but i thought the 09 came with the mission control with the 32mm uppers. The 2010 have the 35mm uppers. ?

thanks

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, won't work. Since they changed the chassis, the newer internals won't fit. You need a 35mm Boxxer for MiCo to happen.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I did it on my Lyric, and am not completely happy. There is not enough LSC, and too much HSC in some instances with MiCo. MoCO has an orfice instaed of shimz for LSC though. I am hoping MiCo can be fixed by adding moar shimz and getting rid of the mission control feature, though I may just get a Van 36 and sell the Lyric.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Fairly off topic, but...

For the Lyric, pull the floodgate assembly, and play with the shims. The new version of the Lyric rebound assembly pushes MUCH more fluid than the older version allowing more control of the fork movement. So far, the new rebound with the removal of the floodgate feels pretty good to me. If you wanted, you could also put the new DH compression assembly in the fork...although I have not had one in hand to see the actual differences in shims/port sizes/etc.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
I did it on my Lyric, and am not completely happy. There is not enough LSC, and too much HSC in some instances with MiCo. MoCO has an orfice instaed of shimz for LSC though. I am hoping MiCo can be fixed by adding moar shimz and getting rid of the mission control feature, though I may just get a Van 36 and sell the Lyric.
Go with the new Mission Control DH damper (rebound and compression) if you are not totally sick of your fork yet. I have it on my new 170mm lyrik coil DH and it is night and day difference from regular Mission and Motion control. Love it so much I have a DH damper ordered for my other Lyrik.

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
Go with the new Mission Control DH damper (rebound and compression) if you are not totally sick of your fork yet. I have it on my new 170mm lyrik coil DH and it is night and day difference from regular Mission and Motion control. Love it so much I have a DH damper ordered for my other Lyrik.
Just saw your thread on mtbr, I'll be ordering a new Lyric DH Damper. Thanks.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Can you order them from sram? How much do they cost?
you cannot order direct from SRAM, you have to go through a bike shop.

from sicklines: If you’ve got an older Lyrik and are looking to get some updated internals, RockShox hasn’t left you high and dry. You can retrofit your old fork with the updated rebound and the new Motion Control (DH or standard) damper as well.

* The new Mission Control Damper ($110 MSRP) (vendor part # 11.4015.415.020)
* The new dual flow rebound ($80 MSRP) (vendor part #: 11.4015.416.020)