Quantcast

Converting trail bike to Singlespeed/street

Jun 18, 2007
Barrie, Ontario
Hey guy's I haven't been her in a while, been very busy with hockey and school. Site's looking good, better than before. I currently own an Iron Horse warrior, I know you guy's do not think it's very good, I know it's not the greatest, but it's good FOR ME. I have decided I want to convert my bike to a single speed bike and make it more street style. I am going to a bike show in Toronto this saturday and am going to buy a crank I think and a ss conversion kit so that it will be single speed. Then later on I will get different upgrades such as tires/forks, etc. Do you guy's think it will work? I know my bike isn't great, but I think once I upgrade it a bit, it will be good to go. I am thinking about the Truvativ Ruktion for the crank. I have heard it's decent. Does anyone know the pricing of it...anyone know any other decent cranks that you think would be at a bike show that is not too expensive? Thanks guy's!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Should work. I suppose your biggest issue will be chainline.

Are you using the same rear wheel and hub for the one cog?

Jun 18, 2007
Barrie, Ontario
lol man sorry I no nothing about biking dude, I just ride...I haven't changed anything on my bike from when I bought it(if that helps)...and I guess I could ask the guy at the place. but I just don't underastand what your askin.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Are you doing the work yourself or is a bike shop?

1. If it's a shop, no worries, I'm sure they'll do a good job and you'll have fun riding it.

2. If you're doing the work yourself, see #1.