Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've had a mild interest in bugout bags. I don't have one, but check them out online occasionally. Probably more of an ocd organizing thing from making jewelry all these years. Only problem is if there was a compelling event to "bug out" I wouldn't know where to bug out to.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you fake bugout....lay low....pillage your neighborhood.....live like king.

all the crazies with guns will be in the woods....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
After years of being prepped to bug out at a moments notice (Once did a 6 hour notification to wheels up trip...that was interesting. Ended up drunk in Gran Canaria for 2 weeks...) I find it strangely liberating yet somewhat weird to not have a bag packed for such an event. The Frau has money and water, food and comestibles set aside for fires and the like...but I have only my Camel Back with a couple Clif Bars and inner tubes on stand by...oops, I have said too much. Gotta go work on the bomb shelter. Those things dont dig themselves you know...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
After years of being prepped to bug out at a moments notice (Once did a 6 hour notification to wheels up trip...that was interesting. Ended up drunk in Gran Canaria for 2 weeks...) I find it strangely liberating yet somewhat weird to not have a bag packed for such an event. The Frau has money and water, food and comestibles set aside for fires and the like...but I have only my Camel Back with a couple Clif Bars and inner tubes on stand by...oops, I have said too much. Gotta go work on the bomb shelter. Those things dont dig themselves you know...
I've got an Osprey Manta 20 that holds everything I need for all day solo rides in Pisgah. So guess I'll just skip the Apocalypse this year and just go for a nice long ride in the mountains.

I've had a mild interest in bugout bags. I don't have one, but check them out online occasionally. Probably more of an ocd organizing thing from making jewelry all these years. Only problem is if there was a compelling event to "bug out" I wouldn't know where to bug out to.
I sort of had bugout gear in the 1970s when I lived in Cambridge. Of course, had it become necessary to do so, I probably would have lasted oh, about three days...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What do all those academics know anyway? Fake news, pitiful...years of statistics and study, and what does it get?
Facts and figures, who needs 'em? Rumour and conjecture, thats where its at...
I found out that at least two co-workers are Trump supporters the other day. These are smart people with MDs and lots of training... yet are so irrational that their fear of illegals voting or otherwise consuming services unjustly motivates their actions completely.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A friend sent me this, I had forgotten it over the years...bigly excellent!

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

HL Mencken

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I found out that at least two co-workers are Trump supporters the other day. These are smart people with MDs and lots of training... yet are so irrational that their fear of illegals voting or otherwise consuming services unjustly motivates their actions completely.
I work with three people that immigrated from yurp in the past few decades and are now citizens. Despite generally be liberal they openly support restriction of immigrants. They seem to think that only white folks should have such ability.