Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This wall thing is mind bogglingly dumb. Disregarding any moral and environmental arguments, walls are not effective barriers. Technology to defeat such things have been around for a few millennia. The only way it would do anything more than slow someone down would be to pretty much have a standing army protect it. Spend a few billion to build, then a few billion to guard and repair every year.
And why just the Mexican border ? If Drumpf is really trying to protect us the he's leaving a yuuge hole open. Clearly we need to keep out those pesky Canadians. Also there should be walls on both coasts. Can't let anybody in a boat get to us.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

While i think that it's absolutely necessary to fact check and call these people on their shit and that comparisons to Nazi Germany are thankfully way off the mark and rather counterproductive, Arendt's very readable and still timely book is mainly concerned with the general principles of totalitarianism and these seem to be at work here unfortunately.

This is also straight out of the fascist playbook: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-publish-weekly-list-crimes-immigrants-commit-refugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
As evidenced by this thread the majority of us here in Ridemonkey land lean left, but I have to wonder, in the minds of those on the right, what do they think of how things are going so far? Do they think The Don is acting like a batshit crazy lunatic? Or is he buckling down and getting done what needs to get done for the country? Are his handpicked lieutenants #drainingtheswamp or do they feel like they got duped?

I'm genuinely curious to know how this is being perceived on the other side of the spectrum.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Also, listening to him go all "bigly big league" in conjunction with his Secretary of Education's corrected tweet is proof of the need for education reform. Maybe they are proving the deficiencies of the education system by leading by example?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As evidenced by this thread the majority of us here in Ridemonkey land lean left, but I have to wonder, in the minds of those on the right, what do they think of how things are going so far? Do they think The Don is acting like a batshit crazy lunatic? Or is he buckling down and getting done what needs to get done for the country? Are his handpicked lieutenants #drainingtheswamp or do they feel like they got duped?

I'm genuinely curious to know how this is being perceived on the other side of the spectrum.
Many of my righty friends continue to toe the party line and re-spout the nonsense that his surrogates spew out. But I have seen a few cracks...perhaps there is hope...maybe some change...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

My brother-in-law and sister are the only right leaning members of my family and are also the least educated. He was a prison guard who just retired and she works in medical billing. All weekend they were posting article about how the womens march excluded anti-abortion groups. Last night it was an article about how Hillary should be charged with crimes under the Emoluments Clause.

Of course NOBODY on the right ever heard of the Emoluments Clause (I think it might be missing from their pocket constitution) until people started charging Trump with it.

My best friend has quit facebook because "people won't give Trump a chance to even lead yet, he just got there..." and there is so much negativity about our new holly commander and chief (he is career military and hates Obama for never taking his guns)

My other rightward facebook friends are busy posting videos of rioters in Portland getting smashed by the popo (it was pretty good :rofl: ), with only my libertarian leaning friends turning against him over the pipeline.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My brother-in-law and sister are the only right leaning members of my family and are also the least educated. He was a prison guard who just retired and she works in medical billing. All weekend they were posting article about how the womens march excluded anti-abortion groups. Last night it was an article about how Hillary should be charged with crimes under the Emoluments Clause.

Of course NOBODY on the right ever heard of the Emoluments Clause (I think it might be missing from their pocket constitution) until people started charging Trump with it.

My best friend has quit facebook because "people won't give Trump a chance to even lead yet, he just got there..." and there is so much negativity about our new holly commander and chief (he is career military and hates Obama for never taking his guns)

My other rightward facebook friends are busy posting videos of rioters in Portland getting smashed by the popo (it was pretty good :rofl: ), with only my libertarian leaning friends turning against him over the pipeline.
http://www.someecards.com/news/politics/twitter-empty-bookshelf-trump-white-house/

source on this seems odd, but still.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Obama used photoshop

The Washington Post reported Thursday that Trump personally ordered park service head Michael Reynolds to produce additional photographs of the previous day's crowds on the National Mall. The president believed that the photos might prove that the news media had lied in reporting that attendance had been no better than average, the newspaper said.
This dude has an inee for a penis.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Funny thing about Carter Page. He was a user on TGR's poli forum who was a total Trump dipshit (anonomous). We all used ro deride him as a moron. He got outed, and deleted his account during the campaign. It was good times.
YOU'VE SAID TOO MUCH
:tinfoil:

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
so using the Holocaust memorial day to launch a campaign targeting a religion....... Classy country you got there. :clapping:
And not a word in the WH statement on 6 million dead jews or antisemitism, this is all deliberate and smells of Bannon.

Again, I think comparisons to 1930's Germany are completely inappropriate, but this is an eerily effective twitter account that touches on both anti semitism and refugee policy: https://twitter.com/stl_manifest

Last edited: