Quantcast

Cool Beans

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I tranport 4-6 of their Clients to and from their job sites every day. Great people running the program and exceptional people who are the Clients

The Arc of Alameda County transforms the lives of hundreds of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families across the East Bay every year.

By providing life skills education, the nonprofit encourages adults living with everything from autism and cerebral palsy to Down and fetal alcohol syndromes to achieve an astonishing level of independence. Its leading-edge programs—such as SCOPE, Alternative Ventures, and LEAP—teach home care skills, such as laundry, cooking, and cleaning; travel skills such as safely riding BART; and recreation and leisure skills, such as how to play golf and use libraries. The Arc’s jobs program teaches basic work skills such as searching for jobs online, building resumes, and improving interviewing techniques.

http://blog.sfgate.com/storystudio/2016/12/21/the-arc-alameda-county-is-changing-the-world-one-life-at-a-time/

The guy in the last photo in the article has been on my bus every day this week. Good guy