Quantcast

cool champery video

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The Champery track is worked in now and is much easier to ride then during the race. They took down the 4x track but are already talking about rebuilding another one. The trails are going to get a lot of work done this spring (so they say) and the track right next to the WC track is going to get turned into a freeride trail with drops and berms. Looks like it will be a good summer!

Hey Damo, did you get to ride the WC track last year?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Hey Damo, did you get to ride the WC track last year?
Nope, but I walked it loads with the Yeti boys and then filming with Clay. Hard enough to walk the thing! I will definitely be spending time on it this season however... That track can only make you better...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yes, the track is open.

Base yourself in Morzine - easy access to everywhere in Portes du Soleil, including Champery (I am slightly biased however).

buckoW builds some great trails around these parts.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Nope, but I walked it loads with the Yeti boys and then filming with Clay. Hard enough to walk the thing! I will definitely be spending time on it this season however... That track can only make you better...
Yeah, if better also means broken to pieces :) see you there in July!

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I can confirm it was pretty hairy to ride. Unfortunately the WC & the best part of 6 weeks of rain early in the summer season wiped out a fair bit of the track. Some bits were so tough it was hilarious.

We will be going back again next year to ride it though, especially if its having some work.

Also worth checking out the Champery Walkers Track if you like rock gardens. That thing is immense :)

Shame there is no WC there this year? Any reason why?