Quantcast

Cool Lars Tribus story stuff

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Couldn't agree more - I've spoken with him on several occasions at Diablo and during the Open, and he has to be one of the coolest, most respectful, and kind-hearted riders out there. Very approachable.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
good bit of writing there bryn.

cheers to lars. legendary indeed. he and his ol' lady are two of the most accomodating hosts you'll ever meet. top shelf good people all the way.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
anybody talk to him after that wreck he took, did he get hurt at all? that has to be one of the most horrific wrecks i've seen on film in a long time.... that pic doesn't do how steep the back side of where he's upside down justice at all.....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I did and he was fine. His bike took a serious beating. The upper tubes of his fork dented his frame.
Wow. I'd bet. Not only is that a rough and steep section to crash in...but it was certainly one of the most bizarre wrecks I've ever seen. I don't even really know how it happened.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
solid guy for sure, talked to him whilst doing section training at tremblant about 5 years back.....very chill and stoked to ride, even though the conditions were absolute ass....

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Wow. I'd bet. Not only is that a rough and steep section to crash in...but it was certainly one of the most bizarre wrecks I've ever seen. I don't even really know how it happened.
We were talking about it a bit yesterday AM and best we can fuigure from his memory and the video clip that he prejumped a little too much on the section and instead of getting backside landed in that huge hole and things went south from there. Definitely a crazy CRAZY wreck. We weren't sure if the fork dented the frame or if it was a rock, the fork and frame both are dented and have a couple good gouges in them. I guess he tossed/ cataqpulted the bike about 20-30 feet in the air when he landed on his back and then had to run down the course to get it.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Lars had some business in York last year so when he was done he showed up at our BMX track. One of my buddies ,Lars and myself ended up hitting up some bootleg local dirt jumps then grabbing diner and a few beverages , very intertaing evening,extremely funny dude.Lars has always been top notch.

Sep 4, 2010
I was missin larsie n was wonderin what he was up to so I took advantage of google :-)
I hope he's seen these comments because I know how much they would mean to him. Youre all dead on- hes one of the coolest, niftyest, and nicest people I know and I feel very blessed to have him as one of my uncles :-)

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Lars is a great dude. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Blue Mtn bikercross last year. I handily won my first heat with an awesome pass of the 1 and 2 riders over the tabletop.

2nd heat I was against Lars and Neko... needless to say I was out of the bracket pretty quickly. Lars was an awesome person to lose to, and as everyone else has said, very approachable, and willing to have a conversation about nothing with a nobody :)