Quantcast

Cool pic of 'lil manimal

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
That's great, manimal. What a fantastic thing to be able to share cycling with your son. :thumb:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Still no full face? :D

If he knocks out his teeth, you won't have to worry about braces. That's a foot higher than I've gotten in the last six months. :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Silver said:
Still no full face? :D

If he knocks out his teeth, you won't have to worry about braces. That's a foot higher than I've gotten in the last six months. :thumb:
he's got one, but it's still too big for him to wear comfortably.

he complains that it pulls on his neck too much and he can't see over the mouth guard when jumping. the sad thing is that it's the smallest, non-custom, full face on the market :mumble:

i did get him a football style mouth guard but i forgot to grab it today.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
manimal said:
i don't know why i like this pic so much.....but i thought i'd share. i think it has something to do with the lighting, mini- bar tweak and the look on his face.

...or the cookie monster band-aid on his elbow or the fact that most adults here wish they could do that, me included. :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
actually it's a batman bandaid, he's infatuated with him......i had to wear a "dora the explorer" band-aid last week when i cut my finger pretty good during an arrest. looks really cool to have a light blue dora bandaid on your finger while at work :thumb:

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
Great pic!! I love those knee/shin guards,very hardcore.The most fun you'll have riding is with your kids. I have a son who is 12 and he is my riding sidekick. We went out today and got 30 miles in 10 to Pisgah 10 in pisgah and 10 back home. I'm sure you already know about all the cuts and bruises.My son crashed really hard last winter trying his first road gap.Just wait,you'll start spending less on your bike stuff and more on his and you won't mind a bit.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Man you have to be the coolest dad ever. You remind me of Ramrod from Super Troopers, I think hes the one that had a kid in the movie.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
BigMike said:
He got a new bike? :confused:
man...that boy has more bikes than china! i started him off with the little 12" red huffy (customized with big hit decals and other random bike stickers:thumb: ). Then he was starting to outgrow the gearing on the huffy so i bought him a used 16" trek kids bike but it was purple so i painted it with an orange/black camo pattern, super sweet. that bike was still too big for him to jump so he rode the red bike most of the time. then a neighbor moved and his kids outgrew a barely used 16" Haro Nyquist so he decided that noah needed it more than his kids did and he gave it to him. then a LBS owner, wheeliemert, hooked him up with a little 12" full suspension rig that he really enjoyed jumping......but again, the gears were just too small and he outpedaled it quickly. ....then....another neighbor moved and they gave him the current bike he has now. it's a 16" huffy that i've customized with some MARINES, evil and primo stickers. it's got the gear ratio he needs and a shorter top tube than the haro.
wow..that was long winded. here are some pics....'cause pics are good :thumb:

The first and most trickable bike

way too big but really nice Haro Nyquist (should be on it full time sometime next year)

the plush and bouncy dually (he out-pedaled the gears pretty quick on that one)

The short-lived but originally painted 16"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
rpk1988 said:
Man you have to be the coolest dad ever. You remind me of Ramrod from Super Troopers, I think hes the one that had a kid in the movie.

"ramrod" was what RODney farva wanted RAMathorn to use as a call sign on the radio while they were both in the car together.

best movie ever....too bad i'm usually compared to farva than to anyone else :D i try to make my job more like super troopers than the show COPS, make life much more interesting :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
manimal said:
he's got one, but it's still too big for him to wear comfortably.

he complains that it pulls on his neck too much and he can't see over the mouth guard when jumping. the sad thing is that it's the smallest, non-custom, full face on the market :mumble:

i did get him a football style mouth guard but i forgot to grab it today.
You know, when I used to work for bell, tons of parents would come to us at the bmx races asking for full face helmets for their little kids...I never understood why they didn't make kids ff helmets...people would have their 3 and 4 year olds out there racing...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
manimal said:
"ramrod" was what RODney farva wanted RAMathorn to use as a call sign on the radio while they were both in the car together.

best movie ever....too bad i'm usually compared to farva than to anyone else :D i try to make my job more like super troopers than the show COPS, make life much more interesting :thumb:
Haha, yea "Pull over....We are pulled over, he cant pull over and farther sir."

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Dude that is so awesome, those are some sweet pics...........

I took my Noah out for a ride yesterday morning in the trailer, I hope he's just as stoked about riding as your Noah...........

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nice pics, manimal!

I've got a 4-year old who I think is about to go training-wheel-less.

My 3-yo got his first two-wheeler for his 3rd b-day in August and is already trying to keep up with his brother. :thumb:

The 8 month old isn't ready for a bike yet, but has the crawling thing down. :eek:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dh girlie said:
You know, when I used to work for bell, tons of parents would come to us at the bmx races asking for full face helmets for their little kids...I never understood why they didn't make kids ff helmets...people would have their 3 and 4 year olds out there racing...
I think thats exactly why :D

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
My son was off the training wheels @ 3 1/2, rode Downtown trail at Mammoth a week after his 4th B'day on a 12", feet flying off the pedals, a$$ flying off the seat. Moved on to the 16" then front suspension 20" specialized. Couple years later his older brother gets a downhill bike, little one wants one bad, bust up spokes & parts on his rockhopper taking jumps. Next week we're going to Mammoth for Nationals, I figure he ought to place top 5 in JrX 16 & under, downhill on his M3 Intense. Keep riding, it only gets better.