Quantcast

cool shifter for a thousand bucks.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
huh, I sold my set to a guy that works at E13 for $150 a little while ago. I bought them from Chris Firth for $175 so it was well worth the $25 to play with them. I think $1,000 is overpriced. Parts are nearly impossible to get. A shimano tech gave me some extra parts a while ago since I couldn't find some of the wacky threaded fittings anywhere. The schrader fitting was american on the fill end and an unusual metric thread on the other end. They are a piece of art though.

Honestly, the XO shifter with x9 short cage that I have on my DH works better plus you have 9 gears rather than 7. You also don't need to fill it every few runs. So if you want them to put on a shelf, go for it. I would not install them on a bike that will be ridden.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hahaha wow what the hell was i thinkin??? hell if it was air brakes we would need CDL's to ride our bikes. lol

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The guy did say that he paid $1000 for them... Then he says to trade him something "interesting" for them. He is not trying to get a grand for them.....