Quantcast

cool to post?

Did just an amazing ride yesterday in Tahoe...and want to tell about it. But it went through a 'protected' area and not sure if I should post about it for fear of the 'others' might read it and use it as ammo someday.
What's the Monkey consensus on the matter? :confused:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i wouldn't care because I wan't to know about it but I think some people might not think it's too cool. PM me about if if you are bored.

Acadian said:
better yet...take us there next time you ride! :)

actions speak louder than words :thumb:
For sure, now that I know the way!
It was by far my longest ride to date. With some of the most elevation too. Man, I was sure missiing my valley oxygen up on the ride yesterday :eek: gasping for air.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Internal14 said:
For sure, now that I know the way!
It was by far my longest ride to date. With some of the most elevation too. Man, I was sure missiing my valley oxygen up on the ride yesterday :eek: gasping for air.
tell me about it...when I rode Mr. Toads with Kidwoo and Carl two weekends ago I was pumping for air...

here I can ride for days while holding my breath ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't think RM is that strictly moderated. Any ride in the NorCal is good to post about.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I dunno, I would like to know too but it's probably not good to post about it.

I hope to get up there this weekend myself, if so I might PM you to learn more about it. The main reason to come would be to thrash myself silly with oxygen debt and this sounds perfect. :D

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
Internal14 said:
Did just an amazing ride yesterday in Tahoe...and want to tell about it. But it went through a 'protected' area and not sure if I should post about it for fear of the 'others' might read it and use it as ammo someday.
What's the Monkey consensus on the matter? :confused:
I wouldn't be specific, for exactly the reason you mention. I work for a large landowner. We've found illegal trails and other trespassing / encroachment problems just by doing web searches. If you have secrets, don't post them on the web. Google will not be your friend.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
After reading his PM it's really not top secret or anything. It's a section of a pretty well known trail that bikes aren't supposed to be on. I won't go into any more details than this but I doubt you would even get into too much trouble if you were ever unlucky enough to get caught riding it.

dfinn said:
After reading his PM it's really not top secret or anything. It's a section of a pretty well known trail that bikes aren't supposed to be on. I won't go into any more details than this but I doubt you would even get into too much trouble if you were ever unlucky enough to get caught riding it.
Definetly not top secret by any means, but alas, you do have to do a bit of illegal riding for a bit. :nope:
Man, the longer I'm back in the valley and oxygen isflowing to the brain again, the more and more I remember about this ride. Sheeesh, there's a bunch of sick singletrack out there.:drool:
Next time I'll try just from the top of X Sunken Hole. to Fully Clothed Food Store/Clean Hennrietta, ect. and see how that feels. Probably much easier! :rolleyes:

kidwoo said:
Do me a favor and don't ever post locations of that trail again. They are badass, well made and also illegal. :mumble:
Well, I know these trails have been mentioned on this forum before. So it's not like I'm the one outing them. I was just not trying to mention the first part of the ride where we had started from because it was perfectly illegal.

I've been told about these trails at least two summers ago, but this was the first time I ever got someone to show them to me. Don't worry I aint going to bring a truckload of people up there. I'll hit it once a year at that with other other guys max.

Anyways, they are great trails!
and I haev edited my post so it shows no names any longer.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Lol!1

That's awesome. Thanks.

I've had a pretty trying week and my b1tch is on full blast right now.

There are a few motivated individuals who are building a sh1tload of trails around here right now and most of it is really good. I'm all about enjoying it, just not making it common knowledge.

Just in the five years I've lived here I've seen almost a dozen home made trails get taken out by the usfs. I just don't like to give them any help tearing up singletrack in the name of preservation (so that they can run logging trucks through these areas the following year.)