Quantcast

cool vw pic

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
rpk1988 said:
Yea that is cool. I wonder how he did that.
Repeated exposure. His camera lets him close the shutter, change position and reopen on the same frame.

A photog buddy shoots a lot of scapes and sunsets at dusk, waits for night and reopens to get the stars. Cool effect.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
It's done the same way MTB sequence shots are done. You take a bunch of pictures (in this case using a tripod) and then cut out the mechanic from each picture and layer them all onto one background frame.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
justsomeguy said:
It's done the same way MTB sequence shots are done. You take a bunch of pictures (in this case using a tripod) and then cut out the mechanic from each picture and layer them all onto one background frame.

Bingo

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
How did my friend Seans photo get on here.

Check out this VW and mountain biking content taken by the same guy above:

(My old corrado after winning Peoples Choice out of over 360 cars)

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Total Heckler said:
(My old corrado after winning Peoples Choice out of over 360 cars)
What's the point in putting a euro plate on the front of a US car?

To me, it smells of sauerkraut (German equivalent of rice).

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
firetoole said:
there is a way to do it on film
take one of each shot then overlap the negatives in an enlarger (photoshop is 10 times faster)
still wouldn't get the same effect, because there would only be 1 layer of man to the multiple layers of the car, it would fade the man out.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Dudes, your getting it all wrong! thats not trick photography at all, its a snap shot of the Notorius Encino Sixtuplets. Yeah they've been stripping cars for years, they target primarily VW's and Honda's due to the resale of parts, they can strip your car in ten minutes, so don't think your car is safe when you use the Valet at Hamburger Hamlet....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
justsomeguy said:
What's the point in putting a euro plate on the front of a US car?

To me, it smells of sauerkraut (German equivalent of rice).
This picture was taken at a car show. Plate not on for daily use - only for photos/car shows. Plus, I would much rather have a 'sauerkraut' car than a 'fast and the furious' car. My car was actually fast and wasn’t all cosmetic mods. My car was made for track and backroads. Tastefully modded. Stage IV supercharged, Full coilovers, etc.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Total Heckler said:
This picture was taken at a car show. Plate not on for daily use - only for photos/car shows. Plus, I would much rather have a 'sauerkraut' car than a 'fast and the furious' car. My car was actually fast and wasn’t all cosmetic mods. My car was made for track and backroads.
Ok, different strokes for different folks. Part of the reason for my question is that I've never understood the attraction of the "car show"/"meets" circlejerks. Kind of like just meeting in a parking lot to check out bikes (boring) rather than riding.

I still have a soft spot for the Corrado after buying A G60 when they first came out. Ugly torque steer but a fun little car.

That sub box certainly wouldn't help at the track. I assume you took it out if you tracked the car?

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
stinkyboy said:
Mine hasn't been worked on in at least 10 days!

:rolleyes:
I bought a new car to replace mine, parked it for two weeks, and now it's a complete disaster - gushing oil leaks, electrical gremlins, etc. I swear, they're programmed to die once they hit 100,000 miles.:mumble:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Total Heckler said:
This picture was taken at a car show. Plate not on for daily use - only for photos/car shows. Plus, I would much rather have a 'sauerkraut' car than a 'fast and the furious' car. My car was actually fast and wasn’t all cosmetic mods. My car was made for track and backroads. Tastefully modded. Stage IV supercharged, Full coilovers, etc.

i love your corrado, are you a vortexer?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Those are very cute little emoticons but they don't cover the stench of sauerkraut that's wafting down the page with the addition of that black car.

Maybe some diesel fumes will cover up the smell?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah '16v Corrado' is the name on there.

Yes, the box came out for track related activities.

I was going to get a MK4 Golf TDI but people were charging so much when I was in the market.

I sold both of my Corrados and got a Audi Avant 1.8T Quattro. (Mods so far - short shift kit, steel braded lines, HID's, sparcco pedals, RS4 grille) suspension, turbo upgrade, FMIC, and a few other things to come in the next year. Ahh, I love quattro so much. =]

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
I look at the picture and see "6" people fixing a VW and can not help thinking they are going to need more mechanics :)

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI and it spends way too much time in the shop = me angry disappointed vw owner :mumble:

Cool pic though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If it were a MKII, there would be a bag of zip ties on the ground to.