Quantcast

Cool wife post….

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
As I have mentioned before, my wife is a reporter for a TV station in El Paso, TX. She has been there about a year now, and has constantly been one of the top reporters since she started. Recently her dealing/interviews with FBI personnel in the area paid off in an unusual way.

She was selected to part of FBI Citizen's Academy; this is where you get to attend classes put on by FBI personnel and learn about what they do, and actually do some of it themselves!

The thing that makes this so cool is that you can not apply for the FBI Citizen's Academy, someone in the Bureau actually has to handpick you for it! :thumb:

So as a member of the FBI's Citizen Academy - she got to go to the firing range with FBI agents last week and they taught her how to fire a handgun, a shotgun, a M4 (what is being used in Iraq - scaled down version of a M16), and a MP5 (her favorite because it has a function that lets you shoot two rounds with just one pull of the trigger). :weee:

They sent a cameraman to shoot video of her and then they aired it during the 6pm newscast! She said that the video of her shooting was way better than these still shots (she says she looked pretty tough) - but these are still cool.

She told me that she was a great shot, if she had been aiming for the border of the target – blew the sh*t out of that wooden frame!! :rofl:

She got to go back and re-fire after everyone else had taken their turn (and no camera watching), and did much better.:clue:
M4:

MP5:

GLOCK:

SHOTGUN:

Tomorrow she is doing a fake raid on a suspect! She get to wear FBI riot gear and handcuffs (Hmmm…) - has to solve a case (so learn their investigative techniques) and then move-in for the bust. I don’t get to have that much fun at my job!!!

J

JRB

Julie brought me some checkered slip on Vans from the mall a few weeks back. Your wife seems cool too though.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
stinkyboy said:
Is Top Reporter like Top Model?
Ummm... are you refering to the reality show? If so... probably.

Very competative and cut throat business - although I've never seen "Top Model".

J

JRB

pixelninja said:
Dude, I care. That's the coolest thing ever.
Thanks. No offense to slug, but your girls are far more beautiful than his wife. :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Andyman_1970 said:
Why is it that you give a chick a gun and her hottness factor goes up a point or two..........
Because if you thought otherwise, she will shoot you in your ass.

<edit> That's cool, my wife is a hell of shot. She's also only 2 stripper classes away from being done with "level 1" :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
macko said:
Vans? The shoes?? What are you, 14?
Vans have been cool since *I* was 14. Actually it was before that. I remember Jack Oliver coming to school in 6th grade wearing checkered slip-ons. Jack was cool. He's now a speach writer for the President. Jack's not so cool any more.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
DHS said:
sorry wasn't looking at the gun. she's just a hottie. with or without.
Yes she is... and you should see her when she is dressed nice (attachment). Makes me look in the mirror and ask "How did you..."

jimmydean said:
Because if you thought otherwise, she will shoot you in your ass.

<edit> That's cool, my wife is a hell of shot.
Nice.

She needs a bit more practice, but this was her first time. We plan on getting her into some courses so tht she can learn different weapons and get used to firing them.

jimmydean said:
She's also only 2 stripper classes away from being done with "level 1" :D
Ummm...think she could give my wife a call? :sneaky:

McGRP01 said:
What?!?

Attachments

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dude that's so awesome! i love watching women shoot for the first time....kinda leaned back, a little scared :thumb:

my wife, about a month after our last kid was born, getting used to my AR before actually firing it. she did fairly well considering she's so small she can barely hold it ;)

my wife also rocks 'cause she gave me 3 awesome kids and doesn't freak out when she watches noah pull a digger off of some stairs :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Slugman said:
Ummm...think she could give my wife a call? :sneaky:
When she first started the class, she was very nervous. After the first few weeks, she has made new friends and signed up for level 2. A group of chicks in her class all work in an insurance office downtown and thought it would be fun to learn. Everyone who has taken the class has said it was a lot tougher than expected and say it's fun too.

There was a news story about the school (called Stripper 101) a few months ago and since then, the classes have been booked solid with a 6 month waiting list.

Not sure if there is anything like that in your area, but maybe you can get your wife to do a story on it! Then your half way home. :thumb: I'll see if I can find the article.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
manimal said:
i love watching women shoot for the first time....kinda leaned back, a little scared :thumb:
That was the first thing I noticed in the pictures, she was leaning back in a weird way. But it looks like by the time she got to the shotgun she had the hang of it.

manimal said:
my wife also rocks 'cause she gave me 3 awesome kids and doesn't freak out when she watches noah pull a digger off of some stairs :D
Your family rocks man, we're not having kids until you write a book about how to raise them :)

jimmydean said:
There was a news story about the school (called Stripper 101) a few months ago and since then, the classes have been booked solid with a 6 month waiting list.
I remember you mentioning it before... I even forwarded it to her.

jimmydean said:
Not sure if there is anything like that in your area, but maybe you can get your wife to do a story on it! Then your half way home. :thumb: I'll see if I can find the article.
Brilliant!!! However I am sure that they do NOT have something like that in El Paso...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Dude, thats wicked cool. The M4 carbine is one of my favorite guns.
I'm in the process of getting my FID (Mass sucks!) and get wait to shoot. I havn't been to a range in way too long.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
Does no one care that Julie bought me some new Vans??? :(
We would but there's hot women with guns in this thread. Maybe if you posted a pic of your wife with a gun shooting the vans...

:D

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Slugman said:
That was the first thing I noticed in the pictures, she was leaning back in a weird way. But it looks like by the time she got to the shotgun she had the hang of it.
actually the first posture of your wife in the first pic looks very similar to posture used by profesional target shooters.

J

JRB

manimal said:
holy cow!! i have that same outfit!!

errrr....nevermind ;)
If you ever, even jokingly, ever post a pic with you in an outfit like that, I will come out and shoot you with a cork gun until you bleed from your knee.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Repack said:
I'm in the process of getting my FID (Mass sucks!) and get wait to shoot. I havn't been to a range in way too long.
The process of getting your FID isn't too bad. That is if you don't mind attending the hunter's safety classes with a bunch of near brain dead individuals.

Best part is the first time around our town issued my younger brother and I Class A license to carry FIDs which would have allowed us to carry concealed high capacity weapons. :hot: Too bad they realized their mistake and took them away. :mad:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
manimal said:
but at least she lets me do this with the kids :D

cool wives rock!!!
BWAHAHAH - Awesome!

Repack said:
"wicked" just cracked me up... as soon as I read that I knew you were from MA. Kinda miss the Boston accent and vernacular... kinda.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Polandspring88 said:
The process of getting your FID isn't too bad. That is if you don't mind attending the hunter's safety classes with a bunch of near brain dead individuals.

Best part is the first time around our town issued my younger brother and I Class A license to carry FIDs which would have allowed us to carry concealed high capacity weapons. :hot: Too bad they realized their mistake and took them away. :mad:
The master instructor of tghe course I took was a riot. Not to be disrespectful, but the easiest way to describe the guy is to imagine a human version of Elmer Fud with a hump in hos back and early onset Parkinson's disease. Now dress him in creased green slacks, a pressed blaze orange shirt and "instructor" ball-cap, brass wistle and other stuff... You get the idea. I have a picture of him on my camera phone but havn't installed the software yet to dl it. I'll try to post it.

Slugman said:
BWAHAHAH - Awesome!

"wicked" just cracked me up... as soon as I read that I knew you were from MA. Kinda miss the Boston accent and vernacular... kinda.
Thanks. I don't have much of an accent but can't stop myself from saying "wicked". At least its not "hella"!