Quantcast

Cop appreciation thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's right manimal, you read that correctly.

No way in hell I'm sleeping for the next few hours so here's some dear diary.

I've been out of town the last few days hiking to remote and beautiful places collecting numbers and writing them down. I get home about 830 tonight with my work truck because I don't feel like driving past my house to the office. Kiss the lady friend, watch some saved daily show and colbert when my sunburn starts to bug me. I go to open the front door at about 945 and see a figure run around the front of my work truck and duck in front of it.

Fvck me

I do the tough guy yell and watch something in a white t-shirt haul ass down the street. Barefoot and in the briefs I take off after it letting it know I'm going to hurt it. A few houses down it jumps the fence and knowing the neighbor's layout I go around the end of it and up on his deck hovering over the bushes I know the white shirt just jumped into. Knowing the forest he's fighting I just hang over and wait. First thing it tells me is to search it's pockets, it hasn't taken anything. It tries to get out and I grab it in a headlock. "You better not hold me like that man" I hear so I squeeze tighter. In the meantime my girlfriend realizes what's going on and says "I'll call the cops"

Then it occurs to me. I didn't see him in the truck. I could be strangling someone who was just snooping my driveway. I let go for a second and he takes off.....back over the fence and down the street. Fvck it.....the cops are coming now, at least we'll get some containment and figure out what's what. Happy to report I can still run down a 17-18ish male and choke a bitch mid stride. So I wrassle with him, neighbors start coming out and keeping a safe distance. Out of nowhere, a delinquent #2 shows up and starts telling me to let go of his friend. I let him know that's not happening. White shirt starts squirming and then #2 gets a dead on shot to the side of my head. Sweet....this hurts way less than downhilling......I can do this. I challenge the manhood of #2 and he swings again, I try the highly technical ju jistu move known as 'ducking'. My training pays off. White shirt starts telling #2 to grab his gun. At this point I realize I'm dealing with kids and am not too stressed. #2 starts looking like he's scratching his ass telling me he's going to shoot me. If he had a gun it would be the first thing out. Regardless I put white shirt between us.

WAAAAY far away, I see cop lights.....sweet. I'm getting tired of this. #2 takes off and I decide to just keep what I've got. Officer 1 pulls up and white shirt starts screaming that I'm trying to kill him and asking for help. Watch out for the 34 year old dude in his underwear, barefoot and crooked glasses on his face. He's a killer.

Officer 1 pretty quickly realizes what's going on, I 'hand off' a human being (kind of wierd), and he gets the kid on his knees. He walks over to me and the kid tries to dart. Oh shlt, now you dunnit. Kid ends up on his face and cuffed with a knee in the back.

By now, there are 3-4 cop cars and neighbors giving statements. My feet are complete hamburger from my mad WWF skillz on asphalt and we figure out all the blood on the ground is mine. They figure out pretty quickly this kid has been in custody multiple times and they know exactly who he is. We return to my work truck, discover missing mp3 player and my fvcking fleet gas card. We find the player in the bushes where he immediate started telling me to check his pockets, he didn't have anything. I'm hoping to find the card tomorrow.

Juvy #2 must have been casing cars elsewhere down the street so while he's loose, I don't think he knows my house. At least until white shirt gets out. But the cops did a great job, responded quickly, helped me bandage my destroyed feet, and were generally pretty damn professional.

I look forward to dealing with them in the future when a) I come home to bricks through windows or spraypainted vehicles, or b) I get arrested for the beating the shlt out of some high school kid who took a sucker shot at me and I find him.....which I kind of look forward to doing right now.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I can tell another story from Kidwoo's neck of the woods.

Amy, Mr. Amy, and myself were eating a popular Mexican restaurant in Kidwoo's town. There were also several hooligans inside the restaurant, making too much noise, rude comments to other patrons, stealing drinks, and giving evil looks at the staff.

Then the local LEO walks in. One cop against 6 jerk-offs.

Well, the lone officer tells them quietly to calm down, these guys STFU, wolf down their burritos, and clear out in short time.

Now these aholes left a huge mess at a place you are supposed to bus your own table, but their dirty plates and wrappers were a reminder these guys were acting like they owned the joint until one officer put them in their place.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
renegaderick only masturbates to bad cop stories......this thread is safe.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The agony and the ecstacy...glad they were losers and you didn't get hurt. If either had a knife, gun, or sharpened screwdriver, you could've been in bad shape...but I applaud you for not letting some little jackass get away with being a thief.

Next time, have some OC spray on hand and just let him have it when he's stuck in a bush.

My favorite part is the "check my pockets! I don't have anything!" That's what we call a spontaneous admission...no one had accused him of anything, much less stealing, to that point--just told him they'd kick his ass.

Glad the cops helped out.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
What exactly did the cops do? YOU chased him down. YOU did their job for them. They should be thanking YOU.

Did you say, "Take 'em away boys" when it was all done?

You are Batman. Cops were likely watching the whole thing, lurking in the shadows, waiting for a real man like you to take the kids down for them. Once neutralized, they could swoop in.

Like I said, they should be thanking you. And you should actually send them an invoice.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What exactly did the cops do? YOU chased him down. YOU did their job for them. They should be thanking YOU.
Well first of all they showed up. I was actually wrestling with the kid for a long time.....hence my severely destroyed feet. I was getting tired of repeatedly throwing him on the ground and into a power pole. Plus juvy 2 was probably going to be taking more swings at my head since I was occupied with holding onto his buddy. Plus he might have had time to go actually purchase a gun and come back since at this point I still wasn't too keen on hurting the kid since I had no proof yet.

Secondly, they didn't jump out and taze me bro or pull guns on me, let the kid get away or just generally make a bigger mess.

I think my skivvies command some authority though...can't really blame them.

Anyway...off to go hunting in the bushes for my card

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Ok, I'll go one further and say I appreciate the job cops do even when they AREN'T directly saving my ass. To every cop out there who does their job (and by "does their job" I mean follows all applicable laws as well as any internal guidelines or rules about their conduct) I say thank you. Your actions and presence is appreciated, and you are worth every penny of my tax dollars that you receive.

To those who don't do their job, don't follow protocol, and disregard the law and internal rules? :****:

edit: whoa, one of the smileys doesn't work. how about:

edi12: oh screw it.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Couldn't find the card. It's either on the kid or in the bushes forever. Off to call the cops to see if they ended up with it.

Whitey tighties or boxers?
synthetic sporty shorts

I'd been hiking all day.

All in all if it had to happen, that was the way to go. All UFC and shlt.

I've definitely got some boxer briefs with holes........oh the horror that would have been.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good story kidwoo. there's nothing more fun than showing up to a call where a private citizen has laid down a good beating on some idiot while we were enroute. makes my job easier and i get to laugh at the bad guy all the way to the jail.

and now kidwoo understands how easily you can second guess yourself in a situation like that. criminals are well trained in diversionary tactics like, "check my pockets...." to try and bring doubt to the situation thus allowing their escape. you just got a small taste of why we (cops) are almost always suspicious of "suspects" because we deal with this deception on a daily basis.

good on you bro!

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin

Did you say, "Take 'em away boys" when it was all done?

You are Batman. Cops were likely watching the whole thing, lurking in the shadows, waiting for a real man like you to take the kids down for them. Once neutralized, they could swoop in.

Like I said, they should be thanking you. And you should actually send them an invoice.
+1

see, I do care.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So manimal: statistically speaking, what's the liklihood of my windows getting smashed in the next few days?

I parked myself on top of my roof last night and hung out a bit just to listen to the pattern of dogs barking...seeing if kid 2 did in fact know which house I came from.....do I need to do this for a while?

But yeah, once officer friendly showed up all I could think was what the scene looked like to him. Like I said, I think the undies were on my side :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have never had someone come back for more. If they are truly stupid (and they may be) they usually just move on to another area.

I grew up in a less than perfect neighborhood that had walk through crime. If you caught someone or at least scared them off, it usually meant they were done in your area.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Hiking for a few days? That punk is going to have to scrub hard to get your woo-stink off of him. Assuming he even wants to get rid of it. It's like rasberry stripper scent... overwhelming and gross, but you kind of want to leave it stuck to you.

Nice work, but... pics or it didn't happen.