Quantcast

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
There was a cop directing traffic out of my school parking lot because originally I thought he was sent to prevent soccer mom mayhem. When I pulled out, I went to the left and noticed there was an accident. So the cop comes up to my window and he calls me a "fvcking idiot." I said "ok" and I turned around.

I did not report him because I could really give a crap less what he called me and I did not think there was any reason to make a big deal out of it.

Should I still report him?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Shhh the cops just drove by my house as I was reading this... They seem to be watching me. I guess I should put some pants on in case they got a warrant and all.....

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I had the same thing happen the other day, but it was sorta different.

I passed a cop, he didnt say anything to me, or pull me over, and there was no accident, I reported him, i mean ****, he was a cop!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
This reminds me of a story.

Back when I was living is San Diego, my buddy's dad could get some vip tickets to the Miramar Air Show so we went every year. Because it was a military base, the cops directing traffic for the even were Military Police... so Marines with arm bands in this case.

As the event was letting out and traffic was piling up, my buddy and I were crossing the street at a 4 way intersection directed by one of these MPs. He had everyone crossing the street while waving on parallel traffic through the intersection. One dude with his suburban packed full of kids and a deer in the headlights look in his eyes actually wanted to turn left at the intersection rather than drive straight through, but he didn't turn on his blinker. With the MP waving him through, he starts to turn left into the crowd of people crossing the street as though this was a perfectly normal thing to do.

The MP looks back, sees the dude about to plow through a crowd of people and in the same voice he probably reserves for stopping someone in a live fire exercise from accidentally shooting a buddy yells "STOP YOUR VEHICLE!" and storms right up to the dudes window to yell in the same voice "OPEN YOUR WINDOW!" soccer dad does what he's told and the MP leans forward so his nose is a few inches away from terrified soccer dad and shouts loud enough for me to hear across the street "WHEN YOU INTEND TO MAKE A LEFT OR RIGHT TURN YOU WILL USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

At this point soccer dad is pale white and just looks at the guy and nods. The marine then goes on to stop the pedestrian traffic at the cross walk and wave soccer dad's suburban through.

The point of the story? I love when space cadets behind the wheel get a wake up call to pay attention.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
This reminds me of a story.

Back when I was living is San Diego, my buddy's dad could get some vip tickets to the Miramar Air Show so we went every year. Because it was a military base, the cops directing traffic for the even were Military Police... so Marines with arm bands in this case.

As the event was letting out and traffic was piling up, my buddy and I were crossing the street at a 4 way intersection directed by one of these MPs. He had everyone crossing the street while waving on parallel traffic through the intersection. One dude with his suburban packed full of kids and a deer in the headlights look in his eyes actually wanted to turn left at the intersection rather than drive straight through, but he didn't turn on his blinker. With the MP waving him through, he starts to turn left into the crowd of people crossing the street as though this was a perfectly normal thing to do.

The MP looks back, sees the dude about to plow through a crowd of people and in the same voice he probably reserves for stopping someone in a live fire exercise from accidentally shooting a buddy yells "STOP YOUR VEHICLE!" and storms right up to the dudes window to yell in the same voice "OPEN YOUR WINDOW!" soccer dad does what he's told and the MP leans forward so his nose is a few inches away from terrified soccer dad and shouts loud enough for me to hear across the street "WHEN YOU INTEND TO MAKE A LEFT OR RIGHT TURN YOU WILL USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

At this point soccer dad is pale white and just looks at the guy and nods. The marine then goes on to stop the pedestrian traffic at the cross walk and wave soccer dad's suburban through.

The point of the story? I love when space cadets behind the wheel get a wake up call to pay attention.
thread save

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I believe that if a cop called any of you a ****ing moron for something as petty as that, you might be angry. Im not really offended, just pissed off that a cop can get away with this type of sh!t. Im not allowed to call a customer at my store for picking out the wrong tire tube a fvcking moron, so why should he be able to?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Have you perhaps considered that the cop was correct in his observation?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Giving a police officer the finger may be a rude and ill-advised gesture, but it is not against the law, legal experts say.

"The U.S. Supreme Court has consistently held that speech may not be prohibited simply because some may find it offensive," said Ira P. Robbins, a law professor from American University in Washington, D.C. "Virtually every time someone is arrested for this, assuming there's no other criminal behavior ... the case is either dismissed before trial or the person is convicted at trial and wins on appeal."
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2010/02/clackamas_man_exercises_free_s.html

Hey, if you can give the cop the finger, I think he should be able to tell you to go F yourself.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I believe that if a cop called any of you a ****ing moron for something as petty as that, you might be angry. Im not really offended, just pissed off that a cop can get away with this type of sh!t. Im not allowed to call a customer at my store for picking out the wrong tire tube a fvcking moron, so why should he be able to?
cuz your customers dont shoot at you.

you should have told him to go **** himself...if you had a pair. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hate when people call me out on my mistakes, too. I would report him for the emotional damage caused by him pointing out my obvious mistake in public.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The problem with dealing with cops for the average citizen is having to eat ****.

Anyone else treating me rudely, I would tell them to go F themselves, but I only have three responses, "Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir".

Why? I could run my mouth, maybe I would be detained, maybe I would be arrested. But I have better things to do then spend time being harassed by cops.

I do what every good San Francisican does instead: Spraypaint F*** The Police on walls and write snarky anonymous comments at sfgate.com.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
The problem with dealing with cops for the average citizen is having to eat ****.

Anyone else treating me rudely, I would tell them to go F themselves, but I only have three responses, "Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir".

Why? I could run my mouth, maybe I would be detained, maybe I would be arrested. But I have better things to do then spend time being harassed by cops.

I do what every good San Francisican does instead: Spraypaint F*** The Police on walls and write snarky anonymous comments at sfgate.com.
That is exactly what I said. I just said, "sorry sir" Then he said called me a fvcking moron again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Your avatar is a "black power" fist resembling malcolm x and the black panthers. I am not sure if you are aware of who they are, but you might need a quick google search.
look at the big brain on thetruth.....would you like a royale with cheese?

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
..."fvcking idiot"...
I'd assign that custom title if BV hadn't taken away my admin control panel access (he really did, but he insists it's some technical thing. he mentioned something about me sending someone an e-mail to get that corrected, but that just seems like a lot of work :monkey: ).

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Your decision to take a crap and brag about it has been outweighed by the OP.
As the original poster you can not be the thread referee and you have no authority to deem someone elses post as "crap". Please learn internet forum rules 101

Moron that later.
well done.

So far there have been some fairly well played responses, I nominate this thread for win.