Quantcast

cordless inflators

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have this one as it was on sale for $17 at one point. Actually works quite well. Not one of the ones that take a setpoint (they have that version too), but from what I've seen those never seem to work too well for small volumes.

I mostly got this for filling up pool floats, snow tubes, etc and topping off the vehicle tires rather than firing up the 30gal compressor, not really for bike tires and smaller volume stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have this one as it was on sale for $17 at one point. Actually works quite well. Not one of the ones that take a setpoint (they have that version too), but from what I've seen those never seem to work too well for small volumes.

I mostly got this for filling up pool floats, snow tubes, etc and topping off the vehicle tires rather than firing up the 30gal compressor, not really for bike tires and smaller volume stuff.

Bike tires is probably one thing I'd use it for most often. Should note that my floor pump has seen better days and I'm considering getting a new one regardless.

That was one I was looking at due to price (and I already have the required Ryobi battery) but I saw a review that the chuck leaves a little to be desired and more importantly struggles with presta adapters. Is the hose replaceable? At that price I'd have no problem swapping out for a higher quality hose/chuck.

I was also looking at the dewalt one. More expensive for sure, but I already have dewalt batteries.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bike tires is probably one thing I'd use it for most often. Should note that my floor pump has seen better days and I'm considering getting a new one regardless.

That was one I was looking at due to price (and I already have the required Ryobi battery) but I saw a review that the chuck leaves a little to be desired and more importantly struggles with presta adapters. Is the hose replaceable? At that price I'd have no problem swapping out for a higher quality hose/chuck.

I was also looking at the dewalt one. More expensive for sure, but I already have dewalt batteries.
The hose is quite janky, no doubt. I only ever use it on Schrader valves (as is) or with a needle to fill balls. Can't say I've ever tried to fill presta valves with it, but it would require an adapter which is annoying in itself. I only ever fill bike tires with my floor pump.

I'll see if the hose looks like it can be replaced today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cordless inflators are the first step to e-bikes

(that said, I don't have one)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The hose is quite janky, no doubt. I only ever use it on Schrader valves (as is) or with a needle to fill balls. Can't say I've ever tried to fill presta valves with it, but it would require an adapter which is annoying in itself. I only ever fill bike tires with my floor pump.

I'll see if the hose looks like it can be replaced today.
If it's replaceable I'd get something that could take a presta chuck

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have the Milwaukee version since I am already invested into the Eco system of batteries. I never use the floor pump anymore. Bikes, motos, jeep, raft, even the tires on the coach, seems to handle it all. I have even used it to blow out the lines to winterize the coach. Granted its no 5hp compressor but it does just fine for me.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Yeah, there's a few guys using them at the autoX races.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have the Milwaukee version since I am already invested into the Eco system of batteries. I never use the floor pump anymore. Bikes, motos, jeep, raft, even the tires on the coach, seems to handle it all. I have even used it to blow out the lines to winterize the coach. Granted its no 5hp compressor but it does just fine for me.
Yea, I figure if I'm gonna get one it only makes sense to get one I already have batteries for

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yea, I figure if I'm gonna get one it only makes sense to get one I already have batteries for
Last winter I was on a wheeling trip with some buddies and one had the ryobi and another had the dewalt. The milwakee outperformed both of them on a 38" tire from 5psi to 28psi by a rather large margin. By the time they both had one filled, I was on my third tire. We didnt need to use them but we wanted to test them out against each other.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last winter I was on a wheeling trip with some buddies and one had the ryobi and another had the dewalt. The milwakee outperformed both of them on a 38" tire from 5psi to 28psi by a rather large margin. By the time they both had one filled, I was on my third tire. We didnt need to use them but we wanted to test them out against each other.
good information, but i wouldn't be using it for anything that large.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Confirmed to not be a replaceable hose...crimped right onto the plastic housing of the inner assembly. Was hoping for a threaded connection
IMG_20220403_121823862_HDR_resize_63.jpg

IMG_20220403_121504117_resize_50.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bikes? You don't ride MTBs anymore. :monkeydance:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Monkeys I have ridden with:
JBP
Full Trucker
MTG
Junkyard
Jstuhlman
Montanarider
6th Element
Serial Midget
Boostindoubles
Scrublover
?

have met:
AlexisDH
stihacka
eric
nick
skaredshitles
and some I am sure I forgot

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I have the Dewalt, big thumbs up from me. I love that it can use 20V batteries, 12V cigarette lighter, or 120V plug. The auto shutoff can be a bit finicky for bike tires due to the lower volume, but it works great for car tires.