Quantcast

Core Riders in the North East?

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
That is partially what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for any sizeable freeride scenes or group of down hill mountain bikers. I'm trying to find dh pocket markets. Hopefully this info will help elevate resort riding in VT to a new level. I've heard of groups around Saratoga that rent land and build off the hook dh trails. I'm looking for this type of group primarily and xc groups secondarily. If anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate it, and thanks for replying J.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
overbybars said:
That is partially what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for any sizeable freeride scenes or group of down hill mountain bikers. I'm trying to find dh pocket markets. Hopefully this info will help elevate resort riding in VT to a new level. I've heard of groups around Saratoga that rent land and build off the hook dh trails. I'm looking for this type of group primarily and xc groups secondarily. If anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate it, and thanks for replying J.
I am a member of the group you're talking about in Saratoga. We're called SMBA (Saratoga Mountain Bike Association). We used to help build trails at West Mountain but they didn't open for this summer season. Right now we have XC/Freeride trails (intermediate to advanced with only a short beginner loop right now) on land that we lease from a local paper company. I am actually in charge of the trail maintenance so feel free to PM me if you need more information.

overbybars said:
irie cycle in Stowe would be of interest to you

The boys at the Alpine Shop in Middlebury are heavily involved in the Bolton downhill / freeride scene.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
I am a member of the group you're talking about in Saratoga. We're called SMBA (Saratoga Mountain Bike Association). We used to help build trails at West Mountain but they didn't open for this summer season. Right now we have XC/Freeride trails (intermediate to advanced with only a short beginner loop right now) on land that we lease from a local paper company. I am actually in charge of the trail maintenance so feel free to PM me if you need more information.
That's us. C'mon down and see what we're about! :)

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
Thanks everyone,
I'm sure all of these sites will be very useful to me. If anyone comes up with any other info please post it. Thanks again.