Quantcast

Corporate interview...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today was the day for my "succession" interview. It lasted 3 1/2 hours and was pretty intense - covering my ENTIRE work history. All in all I left feeling very positive, I have applied for a store GM in the Montana district. My current General Manager & District Manager are behind me and long interviews are better than short ones, so I think I'm in.

That said - there is no guaranteed but at least he didn't say "There are other candidates, we'll let you know.

Frank Zappa was sweet on Montana, I should be too. :cupidarrow:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What happened to Alaska?

I found some other Alaska pics I need to scan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My old roommate grew up in Bozemen, that's bad.

We have a huge client (huge for the area, I guess) in Billings.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
http://www.thedumasbrothel.com/

This has been for sale forever. Maybe you could get it going again?
My soul is a pure as an open pit mine so... sure. I'll begin searching for talent as soon as I arrive. :)

The cost of housing is extremely low in the old town area but similar to where I'm at now for an average newer home.

I can rent a two bedroom apartment in the Finlin Hotel for $750.00 a month including heat & electricity. :)

My assignment should last 2 to 4 years so buying property isn't a great idea.

There are 4 major bike trails on the outskirts of the town - I'm not a big fan of the drive to bike routine.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'd live there. I think the place is fascinating. A lot of people are horrified by it though. It is as far from normal America as you can get.

I have stayed at the Finlen - pretty nice. They really do give away homes that the city has seized for non-payment of taxes. You should look into it. It's not totally free - you have to pledge to put a certain amount into renovating the home but it seems like that would be a good investment.

I just hope you are married or asexual :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't think I'll buy. I have my condo now that I will lose at least 5K on after one year, maybe more if it doesn't sell fast enough. I knew I'd be moving on when I accepted the job - but I still bought. Not smart & way too much work for 18 months of occupancy.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'd move to Montana at the drop of a hat.

Good luck in your new digs!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends own a Kitchen Remodeling company in Helena. They love it there. I had thought of moving there, but wimped out and never did it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Turns out Great Falls was next step... I like it.
I have done a fair amount of research about Great Falls. I think if I sold my house and made my way there, I would be fine. I explained this to my elderly father, how I would like to move west. Since I am his only remaining caretaker, I cannot just up and move without considering his welfare. He is not interested an any level of change concerning his life. I understand. I am 10 years from retirement. I need to maximize my savings and finances until that point. My best options career wise are North Carolina/Tennessee Texas/Oklahoma, or Arizona. North Carolina and Texas are mindlessly boring as far as I am concerned. I would rather just plod along here instead. Crime is just as bad in North Carolina as here, Texas and Arizona are not much better. If I had an opportunity in Great falls or Boise I would pounce on it. I hate Rochester this place is a backwater Detroit with subpar Midwest riding and I am being generous. Good Luck dude....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
North Carolina and Texas are mindlessly boring as far as I am concerned.
Well in Butte you could be mindlessly drunk in public all the time and still be King of The World. :)

Great Falls so far is OK - 8 minutes to work in traffic, reasonable cost of living, few hippies and one rockin' Mermaid Bar.

People mover here just for the Sip n Dip - its the 9th wonder of teh world.

sip-n-dip

Last edited: