Quantcast

Corsair 2011 Frames, When will they be available?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
[I don't want one but I'd like to see some built up and the site stated they will be avaliable in June, does anyone know when they will be released?

It seems they still have 09 frames that stragely cost more than I paid for mine in 09 and the Aussie dolar was way down on the US then, I thought they sold all the old stock off cheap ages ago.

EDIT- So Mike at Atomlab seems to have nothing to do with Corsair anymore you have to contact this chick
So DerHawk owns Atomlab and Corsair?
http://www.derhawk.com.tw/

Last edited:

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
*sigh* It seems like Corsair is Evil minus the cracked frames. The company had so much promise. Pablo's designs were unique and out of the box and they seemed to have a lot on interest. Then there were a bunch of ownership/buisness problems leading to Pablo leaving and the dumbing down of the designs. Now it seems they can't get anything going. I am LOVING my Crown DH and hope that Pablo's designs resurface somewhere in the future....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wasn't he involved in another company? Like transition or something? I could have sworn I remembered hearing about Pablo having done work for some other popular design.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
*sigh* It seems like Corsair is Evil minus the cracked frames.
I don't know about that...

Broke my Marque frame on the second ride. Off a smooth landing little 3' drop. Grumblingly paid for the new front triangle, after being told it was likely my fault for not ensuring the bolts around the BB clamshell assembly were tight enough. I'd not messed with them at all, actually...

Couple months later, main pivot bolt broke. A funky sized/shaped/threaded huge m15 alu thing. Nothing I was able to find any sort of off the shelf bit for. Like pulling teeth from a chicken, trying to get a new one from them. They'd already been having some bad issues with their pulley design exploding peoples drivetrains. A bad sign when you discover the former owner of the company has sold it off like a hot potato. HAB actually fabricated me a new, steel one.

A frame with the riding intent of that bike, that weighs 9# for just the frame ought not be breaking under my skinny, smooth riding, non-hucking carcass.

Once it was all together again, sold it off, quickly. Pedaled freakin' awesome, rode beautifully, but was a lemon in the long run. Great suspension design with really ****ty implementation, and louse CS.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
damn,

I guess since i own the crown, wich seems to generally have no problems that i've heard of, i forgot all of the problems people were having with the maelstrom/marque. I guess they ARE a pretty good mirror of evil, lol. It is sad though, with proper buisness practices and how well the corsairs rode, they could have made improvements and had a killer 2nd gerneration fleet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That pretty much sums up my understanding of corsair. The parallels between corsair and evil are actually pretty strong. Loads of hype, loads of disappointed customers, lack of strong CS and replacement policy. The first announcement of Corsair's lineup was in like 2006, their first bike shipped in like 2009.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ha ha I got a bolt and idler replaced, I think I may have even recieved a few replacement bearings but that when Doug Stuart(sp?) was still there and he removed a bolt from a frame for me and shipped it to Oz.

However when I said my frame had a small crack in it it was nearly six months til I got the new front triangle, that was when it was all changing hands though.

My Corsair is just about built up again, I'm thinking of putting a shorter shock in it and having it as a slack 6" weapon, after I replace all the pivot bolts with steel ones of course.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im more upset to see Atomlab is now owned by this company.
Mike @ Atomloab hooked me up with two rebuild kits for my old Aircorp pedals a few months ago after digging through old parts bins to find them

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
his facebook still lists him as "owner" of atomlab. I agree, I recieved some great service from him and it would be sad to see the company go full taiwan.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
just did some quick research on their facebook page, it seems they are no longer a part of atomlab and now a taiwanese company named Derhawk owns them??

edit: upon further review it seems atomlab is a part of derhawk

Last edited:

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
just did some quick research on their facebook page, it seems they are no longer a part of atomlab and now a taiwanese company named Derhawk owns them??

edit: upon further review it seems atomlab is a part of derhawk
its all going that way...Uncle Wing-Wong will soon own all of their asses ;)

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Mike,

With Derhawk now taking over Corsair, do you guys at Atomlab still have any replacement parts for existing Corsair riders? I sure know my Maelstrom could use a new idler wheel as my current one (that worked great by the way!) has been chewed pretty much right down to nothingness over the last two years of riding.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I just shot an email off, I'm still running the original idler and I din't think the drivetrain vibrations were bad when that was my only bike but after jumping off my current DH bike and pedalling the Corsair the vibrations and noise is quite odd.

Any idea if Derhawk will be selling the solid pivoot bolts too?

If Derhawk have the design rights(wrong terminology?) to the Dominion it would be awesome if that made it to production, it looked like a really nice design.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
I could be very very wrong, but i think the dominion design, along with all the other orig. designs went with Pablo, hence everything new going to a SINGLE PIVOT, single pivot, if that makes sense.