Quantcast

Corsair Bikes prepares for Summer Launch

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Doug Stuart, the man behind FSA and Gravity’s leap to prominence is leading the development of a new high- end mountain bike company with offices in the Pacific Northwest and Utah. Corsair Bike’s v ision is to be a leader in technology, performance and graphic innovation and Stuart has assembled a team of talented and experienced friends whose youth, energy and passion for the mountain bike experience will be instrumental in achieving that goal.

“There are a lot of skilled people and great brands out there, but I believe that my extensive industry experience, combined with our fresh, yet uncompromising tech approach will set Corsair Bikes apart. Our product is leading edge, the suspension designs are pioneering, and our commitment and ability to support our distributors, dealers and riders is confirmed by my years of success at Specialized, Marin and FSA.”

Corsair Bikes product line for 2007- 8 consists of six purpose built models: downhill, freer ide, all mountain/trail, slopestyle and dirt jump. Each model will employ the highest level of fit, finish and new technology to create a product that is perfect for riders that want the best in every sense. “these bikes should be unequaled for young savvy riders who have discovered cycling through freeride and lift assisted riding and racing – people who know what high performance is, and won’t settle for less” says
Stuart.

Corsair bikes will be sold through the IBD network and selected national accounts in the US and Canada as well as through international distributors in all key markets. First deliveries will start during the summer 2007. The company is currently in discussions with several international distributors and plans to hold additional meetings while attending the Taipei Bicycle Show later this month.

You can preview the new Corsair line at Sea Otter Classic, Crankworx, Eurobike and Interbike in 2007, and keep an eye out for the Corsair Lion in magazines and online later this year.

For additional information please contact Doug Stuart at:
e-mail – doug@corsairbikes.com
phone – 425 296 6706
Skype – d_stuart

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The bike on their web site looks pretty cool - I wonder if that'll get updated anytime soon? Looks like it has adjustable head tube angle features like some of the Commencal bikes.

I wonder what the pricing structure will be like? Will they be affordable or really pricey?

Hrmmmmmm.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It is almost summer - any updates?

The tiny photo of the frame on their home page looks sweet, but there isn't a ton of information available on the site right now.