Quantcast

Corsair Crown DH spyshot

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
The big seats are for the Canadians. I swear more Canadian huckers sport couches then anyone else.

Maybe sitting is the secret to all that skinny wood...nope, pretty sure its not!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Maybe seat bouncing everything you land is the key to better balance? Or wedgies... Now that I think about, it's pretty much the key to wedgies.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Is that boxxer crown 888 and boxxer direct mount? And is tyhat a sram 9sp red style cassette? woot

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
The Corsair Crown looks like a really sweet set up. I like the clean rear triangle, esp how the rear brake tabs are set up. The only area I'm not sure about is where the twin strut top tubes meet the down tube - it looks a little under done but, hey, I'm not an engineer. Looking forward to reading some reviews on that bad boy.

In the mean time I'll be saving for a Tank!:brows:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I must say, if the corsair bikes ever come to market, they'll sell a ton. That being said, I have no idea if they ever will.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
am I the only one that thinks this bike looks like a chintzy turd?
why do you think it looks like that? i think the frame construction looks decent, with the semi-monocoque tubing, and I like the suspension idea, but not for what corsair intends it. I think if they opened up that bottom shock a little, it could be a dual plane rear end, which could really open up some tuning opportunities.

If they use shock 2 for just bottom out, I think the idea is bunk. Few people are using a full 9" anymore, and shock have pretty decent internal bottom out mechanisms now. Still, having an inch or two of rearward travel, on top of 9" vertical, could come in handy on seriously steep runs.