Quantcast

Cortozone(sp) injections are fun...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Just got back from the orthopedics guy, apparently swimming causes shoulder problems... wow :rolleyes: thanks doc :thumb:

I got a cortozone shot wheeee... the strangest |bike| feeling having something cold shot up |bike| in your shoulder joint... now I feel like my shoulder has been to the dentist, app|bike|arently there is a local pain killer in the shot as well.

I get an M|bike|RI later this week too, fun fun stuff :angry:

Sup|bike|pose to lay off the bike completely until af|bike|ter results :mumble:

- JB

P.S. I randomly inserted bike content into the message as not to irritate jdcamb :D:D:monkey:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
golgiaparatus said:
Hmm... okay, ouch... now my shoulder really does hurt, WTF is up with that doc! :mad:
Same happened to me. I had only one. Swore I would never agree to getting another one. Hurt (like a mofo too!) more after the shot then before. I asked my doc at the time WTF too. She stated that that happens about half the time?? She is no longer my doc.....jdcamb

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
golgiaparatus said:
Hmm... okay, ouch... now my shoulder really does hurt, WTF is up with that doc! :mad:
before they did the surgery on my hand they did cortizone shots in my pinky...it was just wonderful feeling...being that the needle was twice the size of my little finger it felt like it was going to go through it...then when they did do the surgery...my hand therapist was observing and they were pointing out the cortisone that didn't really absorb I guess...she said that it was like little white balls in there...sick...

Sooooo...gogli...it's gonna hurt for a while...big needles aren't supposed to go in your body...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
when i get really sick i take a cortizone inhaler. mmmm, 'roids. i figure taking that inhaler is the closest i'll ever come to being a professional track and field athlete.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Evilmunch said:
I shouldn't have read this thread. I have 2 hours and 10 minutes before I get another cortizone shot in my shoulder. :dead:
Isnt it just the most messed up feeling when they start shooting that cold shiz in there.

I feel better this morning. Actually felt better when I went home and played some drums... I guess it loosened things up or made the cortozone disperse better of something. Hopefully by tomorrow Ill feel back to where I was before the cortozone shot.

Waiting to hear when my MRI is scheduled. I guess the low down on my shoulder is that I have a hooked acromion and eventually calcium or whatever will build it up where it contacts my tendon a lot... apparently it can wear a hole in the tendon :thumb: because of so much swimming they think that mine may be rubbing at a premature age. We shall see. If it is, its surgery time, they grind the calcium on that part of the bone down (anyone know what recovery on that is?) :angry:

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
golgiaparatus said:
Isnt it just the most messed up feeling when they start shooting that cold shiz in there.
... snip
What i don't understand is how they can get that big ass needle that deep into your shoulder without hitting bone.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i am highly alergic to cortizone so while i havent expirienced the shot, i have expirienced the incredibly painful and dibilitating rash that i get when i use any kind of cortizone products. lucky for me, it only took 3 rashes to realize what i was allergic to. :rolleyes:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Evilmunch said:
What i don't understand is how they can get that big ass needle that deep into your shoulder without hitting bone.
They get it in there though dont they... fuhkers. I didnt feel the long baztard of a needle needle hit anything hard, I bet that would have been another interesting sensation. I give the qwhole experience a :stosh: :monkey:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
laura said:
i am highly alergic to cortizone so while i havent expirienced the shot, i have expirienced the incredibly painful and dibilitating rash that i get when i use any kind of cortizone products. lucky for me, it only took 3 rashes to realize what i was allergic to :rolleyes:
My ex use to get dabilitatifying rashes... more like massive hives that would cover her completely. But that wasnt from cortozone, it was from red dye #40, a bee sting/wasp sting, shellfish, super high stress, and many many other factors.

I always felt so bad for her, it looked miserable :(

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
golgiaparatus said:
My ex use to get dabilitatifying rashes... more like massive hives that would cover her completely. But that wasnt from cortozone, it was from red dye #40, a bee sting/wasp sting, shellfish, super high stress, and many many other factors.QUOTE]
were they like the love dots Woogie got in There's Something About Mary? At least it wasn't due to yellow #5, or else she'd be fvcked.

I've never experienced hives, but I did have every muscle in my upperbody contract and cramp from an allergic reaction. No fun.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Woah- weird coincidence. I just got one too for my shoulder yesterday, too much water polo. Felt really good then, but its starting to hurt now. I'm off the bike too :(.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
The Kadvang said:
Woah- weird coincidence. I just got one too for my shoulder yesterday, too much water polo. Felt really good then, but its starting to hurt now. I'm off the bike too :(.
I played water polo too... funny thing is my main throwing arm is totally fine, its the other one that hurts :angry:

Water + shoulder = :devil:

Who says college was free... it was no payments till 2004... Now I'm paying for it in shoulder.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
golgiaparatus said:
I played water polo too... funny thing is my main throwing arm is totally fine, its the other one that hurts :angry:

Water + shoulder = :devil:

Who says college was free... it was no payments till 2004... Now I'm paying for it in shoulder.
Wow! Really weird, its my off arm thats hurting too. Damn. :mumble: