Quantcast

Costco photo kiosks (great) and Costco photo kiosk users (dumber than rocks.)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I could have killed three people yesterday.

Some tips, if you were standing in front of me:

1. Don't bring in 4 DVDs full of photos, and sort through them at the ****ing kiosk when there are 10 people waiting. Not cool. Do that at home, on your computer.

2. If you don't know what you're doing, and you turn around and ask for advice, when I give it to you, don't ignore what I said. Especially don't do the same dumbass thing you just did 3 times in a row. I've been waiting for 10 minutes (see 1) and I saw what you did. How do you manage to even feed yourself?

3. If you've never seen a computer before, and there are 10 people waiting, ask for some help. Don't give me a dirty look when I lean over with some kindly help (this was early on, and I was still smiling.) When you ask the nice Costco man for help, and he helps you, don't hit the back button when he is done and do the same screwed up thing you did before. (This was not the same lady from 2, by the way.)

That is all...

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Why even go to Cotsco? You can upload them onto their server from your house and then just show up and pick up your prints

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
mogulskr said:
Why even go to Cotsco? You can upload them onto their server from your house and then just show up and pick up your prints
I was there anyways. I just export them onto a jump drive and take that with me. The uploading process was a little cumbersome last time I tried it (that was a year ago...maybe it's better now?)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wumpus said:
Actually, according to Susan it is cheaper to get them printed somewhere(Costco, walgreens). Of course, she tells me that after we buy a nice new printer.:mumble:
Generally, she's right. Prints aren't really all that cheap to do yourself.

I still use my printer, but only because I only print one picture out of every hundred or so, usually to frame. Everything else gets distributed by email.

Any big printing jobs get sent to Snapfish. I did, um, must have been 300 photos for Jenn for her to scrapbook for her brother, and the cost is pretty low.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Snapfish hosts the Costco site. You can load them in batches of I think 200 per album. I usually just click upload and then check back later. 4 x 6 prints are 17 cents each.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Wumpus said:
Actually, according to Susan it is cheaper to get them printed somewhere(Costco, walgreens). Of course, she tells me that after we buy a nice new printer.:mumble:
I looked into getting a printer awhile back. After doing some research I decided to just keep going some place to print them. Printing your own works out to around 24 cents a piece plus the cost of the printer. You can go to any photo place and get them to print them out for just a little more. Plus they have much better stuff.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
costco has $2.99 12x18" prints :) .. that's a solid price

J

JRB

I was being funny. Sheesh. I have a printer, and sometimes it is great, sometimes, not so much. Julie has been printing through Sam's on-line. She has them shipped and sometimes picks them up. Seems to work pretty well.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Silver said:
I could have killed three people yesterday.

Some tips, if you were standing in front of me:

1. Don't bring in 4 DVDs full of photos, and sort through them at the ****ing kiosk when there are 10 people waiting. Not cool. Do that at home, on your computer.

2. If you don't know what you're doing, and you turn around and ask for advice, when I give it to you, don't ignore what I said. Especially don't do the same dumbass thing you just did 3 times in a row. I've been waiting for 10 minutes (see 1) and I saw what you did. How do you manage to even feed yourself?

3. If you've never seen a computer before, and there are 10 people waiting, ask for some help. Don't give me a dirty look when I lean over with some kindly help (this was early on, and I was still smiling.) When you ask the nice Costco man for help, and he helps you, don't hit the back button when he is done and do the same screwed up thing you did before. (This was not the same lady from 2, by the way.)

That is all...
I was going mental when some woman brought in her photos on a 1gb card..small jpegs. She literally had 500+ on a card and had clearly never even looked at them before. 30 mins later..still waiting. Then she screwed up and had to start over, and yelled at the clerk for it???

Kiosk #2 has poster guy. 3 DVDs or 300+ mb images..each takes 20 mins to load. Luckily he saw me waiting and let me jump in to do my small order of 3 photos.:rolleyes:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Transcend said:
I was going mental when some woman brought in her photos on a 1gb card..small jpegs. She literally had 500+ on a card and had clearly never even looked at them before. 30 mins later..still waiting. Then she screwed up and had to start over, and yelled at the clerk for it???

Kiosk #2 has poster guy. 3 DVDs or 300+ mb images..each takes 20 mins to load. Luckily he saw me waiting and let me jump in to do my small order of 3 photos.:rolleyes:
Why don't you have your own machine? Business expense....sheesh. I'm very disappointed to hear this....