Quantcast

Cougar Classic/Infineon Raceway

Raacerx

Monkey
Has anyone seen the DH course yet? Is it worth an hour and a half drive and the cost of entry? I hear it was supposed to be redesigned, but if its anything like last year...dunno then.

Someone got any pictures?

Raacerx

Monkey
amydalayna said:
Oh man...not the response I was hoping for. With all that dirt and lack of rocks and trees, I was hoping for some huge jumps...

Essentially, im trying to justify spending $40 on gas, $60 on an entry fee, and dealing with finding a place to stay on Friday.

Or do I buy $100 more alcohol in Whistler and have the local trails to myself?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'm down here at the race.
The DH is a lot like Cow Canyon in Reno. Nothing too interesting. 400' total vert drop. Should be in the low 2 minute range, if not in the mid one minute.

And then there's the 4x...

I'd save the money for Canadian strippers and booze. I just came down to see my people down here.

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
i'll be out there.

dh is fun, but poorly thought out. i like it, but hey, it could be a whole lot better

and mtn-x looks really fun, we get to finally get on it today!!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The 4x was fun. The last section was a true pain in the ass. I ended up wandering all over it in my race, wasn't able to make the pass into third place.

The DH has gotten rutted out like there's no tomorrow. Just too dry for the number of racers being run down it. On Thursday the course was pretty fun, good off camber stuff, couple fun little hits. Friday afternoon, however, there were ruts built up deeper then your bottom bracket. I was unamused.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
^Good job in the 4x! I saw you end up with first (I think that was the qualifying)

The Dh course was so slippery. I slipped out / rolled a bunch of times Thursday and Friday. Sunday, I had two clean practice runs, then a clean race run of 2min and 36s. putting me in 10th out of 21.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Congrats to Heath, Steve Cleeton, and Chrissy Pinney on their victories at Nationals!

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
thanks!

ya the weekend was pretty fun, i was glad to be out there.

mtn-x was fun, but i was kicking myself mentally cuz i for some reason wouldnt jump....

dh was fun, but crashed.

overall it was a great weekend, as is every race weekend. it was great to hang out with all you guys. now i have scraped up elbows to show everyone back home

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Heath Sherratt said:
Dang, I have negative 22 reputation points for Loving Jesus. That's dope.
Yeah but you should be happy.....you are officially a tv star!!! I saw that commercial with you in it. Wow, I am actually talking to a tv star....coooooolllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Thanks. Are you guys talking about the Mikes commercial? I haven't seen it but everybody that comes in talks about it. You guys are too funny. JB-we are going up to Downieville this Sunday super early and will be there all day riding if you're free. Let me know.
Chrissie-congrats again, are you thinking about going to worlds? Did you know you got named to the team? BIG time girlie. Represent.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Yep, the Mikes commercial. Thanks for the invite but I have to work on Sunday. Matter of fact, I pretty much have no weekends off due to my new schedule.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Heath Sherratt said:
Thanks. Are you guys talking about the Mikes commercial? I haven't seen it but everybody that comes in talks about it. You guys are too funny. JB-we are going up to Downieville this Sunday super early and will be there all day riding if you're free. Let me know.
Chrissie-congrats again, are you thinking about going to worlds? Did you know you got named to the team? BIG time girlie. Represent.
I may have saw you at the canondale tent, but had no idea what you looked like. That bear naked stuff is really good.