Quantcast

cougs in dog country

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
umm has anyone looked up at the spaceneedle lately? they is a HUUGE cougar wsu flag flying from the very top of it where the american flag usually is.

anyone else find this as odd? i don't really care much about football, but i can't figure out why that flag would be in UW territory.

unless they didn't have permission to put it up there...but then how would they do such a big thing like that

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
It's some Hurricane Katrina fundraiser thing. If there's a WSU flag up there, I think that means that we (WSU) raised more money for some relief fund than UW did.

It's good for the area - less purple.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
The news in Spokane are just now reporting about the Coug flag atop the 'Needle.

We don't call it "Slowkane" for nothing!!

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
not only is there a coug flag right now but the entire top of roof of it is painted as the coug logo too.

but last week i swear the flag aternated from coug to dog every other day. it was kind of weird

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Fast&Smooth said:
not only is there a coug flag right now but the entire top of roof of it is painted as the coug logo too.

but last week i swear the flag aternated from coug to dog every other day. it was kind of weird
It was a competition fundraiser thing....Cougs ahead, coug flag.....Dogs ahead, dog flag.

Winner at the end? Cougs. Coug Needle for a week. :D

I think it is funny.

Go CWU! To hell with the Cougs and Dogs.....Woohoo:dancing: *whatever*

Mike Clam

Chimp
Nov 8, 2005
I happened upon a cougar/husky shouting match in my grocery store parking lot Saturday. Defused the situation by interjecting re: the superiority of my Evergreen Geoducks. Much laughing and ridiculing of me and my alma mater ensued. We'll see who laughs last when they need their bongs professionally cleaned. Hah!

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Mike Clam said:
I happened upon a cougar/husky shouting match in my grocery store parking lot Saturday. Defused the situation by interjecting re: the superiority of my Evergreen Geoducks. Much laughing and ridiculing of me and my alma mater ensued. We'll see who laughs last when they need their bongs professionally cleaned. Hah!

Omnia Extares!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
They must still be braggin down there in Olympia that they are the #1 pot school in the country-according to High Times. They might not have any sports down there but they still have the Mayday maypole celebration featuring topless women dancing around the maypole. The students have done a couple of other done things down there that leaves the rest of the state wondering about Evergreen. The Maypole dance makes up for it.

Mike Clam

Chimp
Nov 8, 2005
Borregokid said:
They must still be braggin down there in Olympia that they are the #1 pot school in the country-according to High Times. They might not have any sports down there but they still have the Mayday maypole celebration featuring topless women dancing around the maypole. The students have done a couple of other done things down there that leaves the rest of the state wondering about Evergreen. The Maypole dance makes up for it.
I think they actually have a basketball team. I don't know.... I graduated in '92- it was definitely a freakshow back then, but I hear it's tamed down quite a bit since.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
go cougs! had a sad, sad football season. sent the huskys packin in their own stadium though. As far as i care, thats a succesful season in itself.