Quantcast

could some one help find the html code....

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
what you have to enter on a web site to put a song up.
i need to get like a website for my songs on itunes or gluz

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dirtjumpP.1 said:
how about this, does any one know a site where i can host a song(s)
Just to clarify... you want some webspace where you can upload a music file (of whatever format), and then download or stream from later? How many files? How often? Finding webspace is easy. Uploading a song is easy. It's the bandwidth of downloading/streaming that gets you.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
What you're asking for makes no sense. There is no html code specific to any specific song. And HTML is not the same thing as a web address (URL). If you want to put a song online, you'll first need hosting space. Once you have that you can upload your song, and THEN there will be a url address to that file, but its not like every digital audio file has some embedded html or web address in it that. The same audio file could be uploaded to 10 different servers and then there would be 10 different web addresses you could go to to download it.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i know i figured that out.... i just cant find good freee hosting.... if that exists
there are no good "free hosts" pay for it like the rest of us working class

PS heres the code you were looking for

<html>index<html/>

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i know i figured that out.... i just cant find good freee hosting.... if that exists
Cool. Glad you got that straight.

I've been using http://www.doteasy.com for years. You need to have your own domain name, i.e. http://www.dirtjumpp1.com, but you get 100MB of space and they don't put ad banners on your site.

If you don't have your own domain, you may need to go with someplace like tripod or something. I don't know.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Thank God! It was going to be hard to teach you how html and web servers actually function.