Quantcast

could the user soso be even more obvious about scamming?

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
got this pm
---------

soso
Grasshopper

soso teeters on the brink

2 Ti Springs 550x3 & 350x3
Hello

I am interested in buying the 2 Ti Springs 550x3 & 350x3 that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your
details to me at:texmy001@yahoo.com for a quick reply.

Outsider

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
Morgantown, WV
Hey everyone, I felt compelled to post about SOSO on here also, I have been having trouble with that indivdual, they have emailed me a few times saying they are going to send me money for my parts, because me being a rookie i thought that person was genuine when i first started selling stuff...luckily i am smart enough to not send anything without money in hand first. So supposedly soso is going to send me 500 bucks on tuesday, i dont figure i will be getting any money from them, as for my parts, they are currently being sold to respectable members of this board. Thanks for posting about this individual and keeping the message board as scam free as we can. Thanks again N. BUM

Hey everyone, I felt compelled to post about SOSO on here also, I have been having trouble with that indivdual, they have emailed me a few times saying they are going to send me money for my parts, because me being a rookie i thought that person was genuine when i first started selling stuff...luckily i am smart enough to not send anything without money in hand first. So supposedly soso is going to send me 500 bucks on tuesday, i dont figure i will be getting any money from them, as for my parts, they are currently being sold to respectable members of this board. Thanks for posting about this individual and keeping the message board as scam free as we can. Thanks again N. BUM
If you do get a check it will most likely be a high quality fraud, will pass at the bank initially and will get declined in the end.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
got this pm
---------

soso
Grasshopper

soso teeters on the brink

2 Ti Springs 550x3 & 350x3
Hello

I am interested in buying the 2 Ti Springs 550x3 & 350x3 that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Red flag below
v

"Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities."

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your
details to me at:texmy001@yahoo.com for a quick reply.

Look at what I highlighted in your posts, any time you see things like that in e mails it IS a scam. The first sign is they quoted your product for sale EXACTLY how you described it in the ad. Second and lastly, anytime they state or request general "business" or "home address" it's a dead give away you're being scammed.

Also, you dont have any long lost realitives from Hong Kong, India, China or anywhere else in the world that needs to send you "20 million dollars" but you need to provide your account info first. :rolleyes:

And watch out for e mails looking like pay pal, ebay or any service like that you might use asking to "update" your acount or it "will be deleted".

ITS A SCAM, DELETE THOSE E MAILS.