Quantcast

counterfeit mini's

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
who makes the site? i bet it's bmw/mini itself. actually, i take that back. looks a little shoddy for a "real" site, and they're apparently actually selling a 7 minute dvd for $20. :think:

Domain Name:COUNTERFEITMINI.ORG
Created On:08-Dec-2004 15:59:15 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Feb-2005 22:23:12 UTC
Expiration Date:08-Dec-2006 15:59:15 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Register.com Inc. (R71-LROR)
Registrant ID:993575984b73d112
Registrant Name:Matthew Bonin
Registrant Organization:Matthew Bonin
Registrant Street1:1061 Meridian Avenue #2A
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Miami Beach
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:33139
hmm. this site (http://bigaction.blogs.com/big_action/2005/03/how_to_spot_a_f.html) indicates that "There also happens to be a "Matt Bonin" who is a producer of ad spots at ad agency Young & Rubicam in NYC."

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The exhaust tips on a genuine MINI Cooper S should resemble beer cans. If the exhaust tips really are beer cans, contact the CCC immediately. You've found a fake.

Quite often, the roof of a genuine MINI is customized with a flag decal. Counterfeiters know this and try to confuse buyers. If you find an actual flag on the roof, you've got an actual fake.

Before buying a MINI, always test drive it. A genuine one is low to the ground with an aggressive, bulldog stance. This makes it handle a lot like an oversized go-kart. If it corners like a humongous four-door sedan, step back and verify it is not actually a humongous four-door sedan.

Experts can uncover a MINI imposter by tracking its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). But the most effective way to spot a fake is by simply checking to see if the vehicle is ugly.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Gahahahha!

I saw the commercial a couple nights ago...I laughed my ass off.

The dude attempting to parallell park...I think it was like a 70s-era Buick with a brit flag decal on the hood and mini paint job was AWESOME!

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Toshi said:
who makes the site? i bet it's bmw/mini itself. actually, i take that back. looks a little shoddy for a "real" site, and they're apparently actually selling a 7 minute dvd for $20. :think:

hmm. this site (http://bigaction.blogs.com/big_action/2005/03/how_to_spot_a_f.html) indicates that "There also happens to be a "Matt Bonin" who is a producer of ad spots at ad agency Young & Rubicam in NYC."
It's BMW's site. I requested some information from Mini and recieved a ton of cool stuff including a link to that website. Funny stuff.