Quantcast

Country Music

gonefirefightin

free wieners
its the "bubble gum country" I cant stand, the whole singing about high school teenie bop crap like taylor swift, carrie underwood, kellie pickler, miranda lambert, and then you have the complete posers like darius rucker, rascall flats, kieth urban.......they are all fakes, bugs the crap out of me, I have more country in my turds than these "artists" have in thier lyrics

it needs more real artists/cowboys that sang about what they have done like chris ledoux, george straight, merle, cash, hell even wille has done a rodeo or two, johhny paycheck, david alan coe, waylon jennings , george jones.......all these new guys are singing about listening to the old ones.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
its the "bubble gum country" I cant stand, the whole singing about high school teenie bop crap like taylor swift, carrie underwood, kellie pickler, miranda lambert, and then you have the complete posers like darius rucker, rascall flats, kieth urban.......they are all fakes, bugs the crap out of me, I have more country in my turds than these "artists" have in thier lyrics

it needs more real artists/cowboys that sang about what they have done like chris ledoux, george straight, merle, cash, hell even wille has done a rodeo or two, johhny paycheck, david alan coe, waylon jennings , george jones.......all these new guys are singing about listening to the old ones.
What he said. Shania Twain ruined country for me. A perfectly decent stripper type who by all rights should have been twisting around a pole in Windsor hooks up with a heavy metal producer, who, after he realizes he has no shot with her, overproduces her voice and mega markets her into a country Aretha Franklin. He then starts shaggin her friend, when she finds out she runs off with friends hubby and subsequently marries same.
(Was reading the fraus "People" on the crapper earlier today...)
I think I just wrote the beginning of an old school country song. But fer reals, the old stuff is where its at, and should stay. Johnny Cash, Waylon & Willie, DAC, Merle etc. Chris Ledoux rules...George Jones could teach Keith Richards a thang or two about partying. And many things about sanging...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I guess I better offset that Jason Aldean crap with something good.

I give you Whiskey Myers. He'll be doing a free set in Belton (the little town next to mine) in August. I'm looking forward to it.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Stoney Larue broke it down in Belton again tonight. While jonkranked was berating me, I was making some worthwhile use of my time. I like the people and the music in Texas. The heat...not so much.