Quantcast

country park on saturday.........whos comin?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
myself and a few friends are headed to country park on saturday. we will be leaving asheville around 8:30 or 9:00. I also need some directions coming from 40 since it has been about a year since i have been there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
we will still be there. it may be up to 4 of us. ill be on a Rocky Mountain Switch.

i just went out to CP yesterday and lasted about 15 minutes, it's really not what it used to be and if i had a shovel i'd be putting some work into it because all the trannys are getting washed out and everything is so gradual you barely get any hang time at all. i'd love to put some tlc into that place if anybody else is interested since i don't have any equipment for that.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
If enough people are interested in fixing the jumps you should contact Mark Gatehouse about organizing a trail work day
I agree. Myself and Mark shared some ideas this past Saturday, and he seems to be a bit disappointed in their condition, and frankly so I am, but then again, you can't expect to have good jumps without regular maintainence. I'm going to go out there the next downpour we get and add some much needed lip to the "Main" Tabletop as well as the 3-Pack. All those jumps used to be killer fun, but the Tables are jumps getting soooo mellow and the whole track is getting way to dusty and "gravelly".

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yea it looks like we will certainly be getting a nice bit of rain over the next week. I'm going to the beach this weekend, but I will be back on Sunday and am off school Monday if anyone wants to go do some shoveling, i will definitely be there. Oh, and if anyone has a Tamper to bring that would be great 'cause i don't have one.

So i'm going out to CP today (i think i saw a shovel there last week) to do some strengthening to the main table, strictly repairs, no major changes. i'd love some help (and tools) if anybody's willing to make it out there.