Quantcast

Country Park Photos

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I thought I'd create a new thread altogether for Country Park stuff.

Had a great time out there today. It was a total mob scene!! :D

I love seeing that many different types of folks out riding bikes and having fun without a care as to who's the best or whatever. Encouragement everywhere you looked today. That makes for an awesome session.....Nice to meet everyone---especially biggins. He's my new hero. :nuts:

Before I get on with the pics, I'll just put this caveat out there: I'm horrible with names, so I'm just putting these up. Damn the torpedos!!

My new hero.......

Hero, Part II

Hero, Part III

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

I have no idea what this is.....but this guy kept pulling them consistent as hell, so I thought it should be preserved on film....somewhat.

Finally.... a group shot. This wasn't an accruate portrayal of how many folks came in and drifted out throughout the day....there were a lot!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yo damn the pics look good. i think you are in love with me jody, which is cool because valentines day is coming up.

ill try to get a few pics added tonight or tomorrow. where the hell did you go? you just kind of vanished.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Greyhound said:

I have no idea what this is.....but this girl kept pulling them consistent as hell, so I thought it should be preserved on film....somewhat.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/jodyb/100_0402.jpg

[/IMG]
That was a girl r u serious, the whole time i though it was a guy, wow. Would u mind emailing one of those group shots to me at alexboyd88@aol.com

Thanks a lot to everyone who built that stuff and showed up to ride, definetly a great day and it was really nice to meet you guys, Ill try to get the few pics that i took up later

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i thought that was in 2 weeks?the workday.

and im pretty sure that kid was a boy.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
yo damn the pics look good. i think you are in love with me jody, which is cool because valentines day is coming up.

ill try to get a few pics added tonight or tomorrow. where the hell did you go? you just kind of vanished.

Love? Crank up the Al Green, it's on.......!!! :cool:

Sorry I vanished. By the time i got done filtering out the bad pics and everything....I looked up, and eveyone had gone somewhere else. I was at the bottom of the course waiting for riders to hit the step-down :cool: , and all of a sudden...BAM!! Riders evacuate!!! I hit the lines about eight more times and called it day. The little lady had been burning up mt voicemail anyways...so I hit the road..Shoot me a PM if you wanna hang out next weekend and hit Tar River stunts, and hang out in a hick town!! :)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
alright, this thread has solidified my decision to go ahead and fork out he $$ for a faster connection. literally took about 45minutes for all of these pics to download.

excellent pics jody! i need to fool w/ my camera settings to figure out how to get the color contrast u have. i've gone through 3 cameras in about 6 months, just when i get it dialed....i lose it!

will u email the group pics to sempertubby@aol....u too biggins, send the ones u took too.

i didn't take many pics since i forgot to charge my battery but i did get a sweet one of brian and alex
brian

alex

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Dogboy said:
Nice pics Hound :thumb:
Can't wait to check it out myself-maybe next weekend.
Mark....this place is suited very much so for your riding style. I can't say enough for how nice all the guys associated with this project are. From my limited understanding, over two years worth of planning and talks have gone into the creation and trust between the key members of guys you have just seen flying in the pics above, and the City of Greensboro to get this project to happen. That's so cool that bikers can stay the course that long, just for a few dump truck loads of dirt and some tractor time. Think about it.....that's some passion. :love:

Come check it out.......If biggins can swing it, I told him he could crash at my place on Saturday, and then take him on a tour of Tar River on Sunday.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Greyhound said:
Come check it out.......If biggins can swing it, I told him he could crash at my place on Saturday, and then take him on a tour of Tar River on Sunday.

Hmm, I feel a trip west coming on...

lux

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks to everybody who came out. It was awesome to meet everyone and have a great time. We were definitely a force to be reckond with!

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Lets get it together....Hey Lux....Shoe...first of June. As for G'boro...I'd like to try for next weekend, leave early...shovel some dirt and get our little swerve on. Hit hounds trail on the way back through B-town.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
heres the better ones i took, it was really bright when i took them so i overcompensated and made them too dark, I worked on them with ps a little, but they still kinda suck

I think this ones Merrit, him and motomike really have the course dialed, u can tell they ride there a lot

I hope to make it out there again next weekend to pay you guys back with some digging for the sweet jumps

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Hey Biggins, i just read in Decline that Hannah Steffens is officially engaged to Chris Duncan and sponsored by fisher, bummer huh, even if she is a dirty hippy. Oh well, im pretty sure Jill Kintner's still available and shes hot too. Kinda funny that we were just talkin about that and the next day its in Decline

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
manimal said:
excellent pics jody! i need to fool w/ my camera settings to figure out how to get the color contrast u have. i've gone through 3 cameras in about 6 months, just when i get it dialed....i lose it!
You can also do alot to fix up that photo in photoshop

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
some pics from today:

daniel (dickiesbike1) trying to tripple the log table to the stepdown....didn't make it, but it was entertaining to watch :thumb:

urs truly, pulling a sweet dead sailor again

daniel

then we got bored, so daniel tried some stuff on noah's 16" haro :D
no footer, almost cleared it

superman!!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Those pics are great!!! Anything else planned to be built there?

Biggins, are you sporting a Wintergreen lift ticket on your ASX??

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
CHOP said:
Those pics are great!!! Anything else planned to be built there?

Biggins, are you sporting a Wintergreen lift ticket on your ASX??
yup you are correct sir. normally i would not do that, but it was a really good weekend. that ticket has been there for a long time. it was the weekend of the mid atlantic monkey gathering.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah yeah, good work, fellers. We are aallllllmost done wit dis place. Err, I mean, "phase I". It's gonna get crunk out there once the new dirt hardens up. Especially that darn 30 step down.