Quantcast

Country Park Photos

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah, thanks guys. Those Maxxis tires sure were hooking up out there. My DMR frame was tracking really well today. And I can't say enough how great that FOX fork is out there. Go on guys, give these people the business they deserve. hahahaha ; )

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
yeah, thanks guys. Those Maxxis tires sure were hooking up out there. My DMR frame was tracking really well today. And I can't say enough how great that FOX fork is out there. Go on guys, give these people the business they deserve. hahahaha ; )
You sound like your fishin for a sponsor...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
me, dickiesbike1 and bullit1257 will be out there around 6-ish. i'll call merritt to get the details. if we miss the recycles ride, i'm sure you'll find us out around the courthouse or the big wallride

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
'lil noah was going off yesterday. he rode non-stop for over three hours straight. he even took up a dare from motomike and I to attempt the second table in the six pack....he made it! and kept hitting it over and over.
here's a pic of it

and he was also RAILING the berm faster than i've ever seen before. he was hitting it fast enough that he could actually get some air on the big table after the berm. at certain points in the berm he'd almost touch the loose dirt at the very top :thumb:
he's definitely getting the place dialed :D

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Who all is coming for the urban ride tonight? Anyone heading out to The Xone this weekend at Country Park? I think I might have to hit that 3o footer that Motomike loves!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
How much rain did you greensboroians get? Im goin to CP tomorrow by about 12:00 unless its too wet to bother. Now im pissed i didnt find out about this urban ride till now (too late) ya'll have fun

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
It poured for a little bit, but dried really fast! Country Park is pretty dry now and will be super fast on Sunday. If anyone is interested, I'd love to hit up some urban after Country Park tomorrow (Sunday) night. We'll meet at Re:Cycles around 7:30pm, maybe a little later.

-Chase W. (silver Gemini)

By the way, who is "escapeartist"?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Mikedsx said:
uh, isn't it supposed to rain/snow? Do you have skis?
Snowboard actually. Motomike what do you have, if you dont have a board or skis i can lend you a snowskate, but its kinda tricky to turn on.

Honestly though i didnt check the weather until just now. Its not lookin too hot though. If it rains on wednesday my tennis match (ya, go ahead make fun of me, i asked for it) might be cancelled and we could go to 915 on wednesday night. Anybody game?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
WKC said:
How do you post pics and vids? I'm realtively new to RideMonkey.
the best way to do it is to go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account with them. Its free and you can store your pics with them. Once you have your pics stored you can click the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply screeen (it looks like a mountain) and it will ask you for the url of the image. This url comes from you photobucket account and it will be displayed under teh picture on photobucket. The other way to do it is to scroll down in the reply screen and select the "manage attachments" button. From that screen you can browse for the picture on your computer and upload it, but it has to be pretty a pretty small file size for that to work. As for the videos, I dont think RM can host them so go to freeride south and go to the videos page and upload it from there. then you can just put a link to that in your post

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Ok, thanks Alex. This Chase, by the way. I rode with you a couple of days ago at Salem (silver Gemini). I haven't been to 915 yet. I will probably be there Wednesday to check it out.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
WKC said:
I'm up to check out 915 on Wednesday night. I haven't been yet.
Like i said it kinda depends on the weather for me. i really wanna go and it looks like my match might get rained out, in which case i could probably go. Oh yeah, does anyone know for sure whether they allow mountain bikes. I called and they said they only allow bikes on wednesday nights, but i didnt ask about mtn bikes. I bet if we get a bunch of guys they'll let us in anyway, but just to be on the safe side i think I'll try to call them sometime this week

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
what the hell!!!! i finally get a 4 day break w/ nothing planned.....and it's going to rain the whole time! i'm starting to hate this state...need to move back to socal! :angry: :dead:
Come on down here. I'm pretty sure they are hiring certified pigs in Peachtree City. We have a BMX track in town and all sorts of riding close by nobody knows about. Schools are the best in the state. And the weather isn't as bad as N. Kackalacky.
Oh yeah, we have a Dunkin Donuts too. :drool:

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Hey Hoyt, if you are out there I've got pics of you tweaking the main table. Unfortunately, my camera takes pictures that are huge in memory so I can't post 'em yet online. Hit me up with your e-mail so I can send them to you! Mine's chase@rightdetail.com.

-Chase W.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
WKC said:
Oh, does anyone know how to shrink file sizes? All of my pics take up about 500kb of memory, too big to post here and Photobucket.
The best and only way i know to do it is with photoshop, but im pretty sure you can do it with pretty much any photo editer. But most of the time photobucket automatically resizes my pics. You still up for 915? me and motomike are goin at 5

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah, definitely. I just called 915 and here's the deal: You have to have a helmet, tape off your bars and brake levers (so you don't damage to ramps in case you crash), and your parent(s) has to sign you up and sign a waiver if your are under 18.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
back to pics...mmmmkay.

daniel (dickiesbike1) and i hit up CP yesterday. there were to groms riding when we got there, one of them on a big hit spec (not the XC kid) was tearing it up. he had dual 24's and everything. we got his and his buddies' names before we left but i totally forgot already......he's gonna be a ripper for sure! :thumb:

the kid...

daniel with a superman

me re-learning no-footers "it's easy....just like two one-footers"

daniel w/ the no-foot can-can

fat boy attempting the gap.....i think i'm ready to hit it 100%, almost there in this one

helium bones daniel over the gap

daniel gapping over the picnic table while the groms ponder the 8th grade dance