Quantcast

Country Park Tomorrow

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
u know mike, ur house is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from mine...its really not worth it

and hopefully cp will have dried out today, it poured yesterday at my house too and now its pretty dry

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
formermtboarder said:
u know mike, ur house is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from mine...its really not worth it

and hopefully cp will have dried out today, it poured yesterday at my house too and now its pretty dry
I will be out there with the new camera to snap some pics, and do some riding of course. I'll also bring the shovel to pack a little, last time I was there some of the stuff really needed some work.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
formermtboarder said:

then how far are you from CP?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i dont know where you are going to get off on 85, but if you want to mapquest directions use pisgah church as your destination.

you will most likely be coming in off 220 (battleground ave?)
pisgah church t bones off of 220
once your on pisgah its your 1st left.
go into the park
go wayyyyyyyyy down the drive
around the lake
down some more
then across the lake
back around the other side
this should be forrest lawn drive
the dj's will be on your right
park in the gravel lot on the left

if you have google earth you can damn near see where the jumps are...

edit
locals tell me if''n i f'd up the directions too bad

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
close. needs more detail. ;)

From I-85, you will exit off onto Freeman Mill Rd./220 North. This just stay on this road and it wil go through downtown and turn into Battleground Ave. You'll pass a bunch of gas stations, fast food joints, etc. Look for Pisgah Church Rd. There will be a Lowe's on the left and a CVS Pharmacy on the right. Turn right onto Pisgah Church Rd. Take the first left after the church, about 200 yards from the intersection. Go all the way to the end of the parking lot and park. Ride you're bike through the big wooden gates and towards the scoreboard for the baseball stadium. The jumps start under the scoreboard. have fun!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
ridetoofast said:
i figured you were rained out today.

that place must drain well/quick.

look forward to pics.

damn i can't wait to go back there.

wish it wasnt 5.5 hrs away
I did too. I called and they said it was riding good so who knows. That place does drain really really well though. All the other DJ spots around here won't be ridable for awhile.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I wish I had a bike and I lived about 1 hour west of where I live. It seems like better riding can be found there... aka Greensboro!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
haromtnbiker said:
I wish I had a bike and I lived about 1 hour west of where I live. It seems like better riding can be found there... aka Greensboro!
I don't know about all of the riding in Greensboro, but it's a much more central location for riding. salem, hobby park, country park, cone, Chhs, hound's grounds, dark mtn, beech springs, all just an hour away at most.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
heck...i thought it would be too wet. looks like me and noah will be heading out there too. if it is to wet, anybody down for some erbun. i'm itching to hit some stair gaps at uncg.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
manimal said:
correct. they must also buy eccentrically painted frames that resemble the power rangers paint scheme :D
can we make a deal so you "forget" about that? It's getting out of control. I almost cried today. :cool:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Heres what I got. Nothing great but you'l get over it

Zack in a Berm

Zach One-Footer

Zach Table

Zach One-hander

Steven

Buck Toe-Boggan

Buck giving his best "hey kids I have candy come ride in my white van" look

And...the one you've all been waiting for...the first Motomike pic on RM that is even worth looking at...

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
yeah, I'd suggest a cream filling as well, but I've picked that Banshee up before and it definetly doesnt need the calories...