Quantcast

Coupla travelling pics...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Since I haven't been riding, here's some pics of where I have been...

Jordan- Petra (where Indiana Jones was filmed)

Mt. Nebo, Jordan (Moses-y place)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Germany

Partsbara (guess which one he is!)

My friend Till at the Auerbacher Castle

View from the castle

Frankfurt subway station

My head's apparently smaller than that of the Germans of yore

Cathedral at Speyer

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
hooples3 said:
. that must have been some trip!!
whos the lady in the red dress???
Heh, it's just work...I travel for a living at the moment, but I'm starting a new position on 31 Oct. Less frequent travel, but I'll still be getting around, and actually for longer periods when I do go. As it stands now, I'm gone around 20-25 days every month, and it's pretty draining to do that much travelling alone. Sometimes we fly business class, sometimes we're backseating in cargo. Depends; either way, your body really feels it...exhaustion, but little exercise and a totally messed-up body clock. Pretty cool job, though, and it's really only this bad working from my office...elsewhere in the world, trips tend to be less extreme.

She's just another dumbstruck visitor...but I think, now that you mention it, that she helps the pic a little.

Got one last trip to Korea before I sign off from this position. I think someone in scheduling doesn't like me... (But I've planned a nice hike and possibly some riding with a fellow Monkey on this next trip!)

MD

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hahahaha.... nice job D... good to finally drink a couple with ya... next time we ll go riding... kinda cr@ppy timing with ya last visit, my wrist in the cast and all... oh welll...

the missus and i went for a lil 20k pedal yesterday around the woods out out to a few village out near sembach base... the wrist is getting stronger... hopefully i can hit some more DH before winter...

good photos by the way mate... except for that one of the grey goateed bastid :)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
berkshire_rider said:
Very nice. Vacations where you get to see that type of stuff are always cool. :)
Heh. "vacations..." :)

Oh, and here's another one from Seoul, prime for submission to engrish.com:

Attachments

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
hahahaha.... nice job D... good to finally drink a couple with ya... next time we ll go riding... kinda cr@ppy timing with ya last visit, my wrist in the cast and all... oh welll...

the missus and i went for a lil 20k pedal yesterday around the woods out out to a few village out near sembach base... the wrist is getting stronger... hopefully i can hit some more DH before winter...

good photos by the way mate... except for that one of the grey goateed bastid :)
Hey, thanks again for putting me up. You slot-car racing freak...

Had a blast. Can't wait to get back your way again sometime. (what're your dates for returning to your homeland-the USA??)

MD

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Nice pics! I'd love to hit up Jordan and the surrounding area.

Haha, "Starbutts" That's a nasty neighborhood there, but great for entertainment value. I recognize most of your other Korean shots too...
Bring your cam next trip over, you can get some good shots off of Acha's hike-n-bike, as long as it's not too smoggy over the city. If you're still here for the Saturday, you can get some really cool shots at the old fortress we do weekend shuttles at.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
DRB said:
Before or after the rousing game of D&D?
Care, care, forsooth! Ye will wake yon grizzled beast to anger!

Silver said:
Great photos. I love Jinglish...
If that means I'm a jingoist, I'll reiterate...misusers of ALL languages can and should be mocked mercilessly. Funny is funny in any language. I can't believe no one's skewered me for misspelling 'traveling' in the thread title yet...which isn't funny at all, alas.

E

enkidu

Nice collection of pics from different ages and places!

Traveling through Babylon, Nineveh, Haditha or even Khorsabad used to be just as tourist-friendly and exquisitely beautiful as well in the late '70s.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
MikeD said:
If that means I'm a jingoist, I'll reiterate...misusers of ALL languages can and should be mocked mercilessly. Funny is funny in any language. I can't believe no one's skewered me for misspelling 'traveling' in the thread title yet...which isn't funny at all, alas.
Not at all. I'm much more acquainted with Jinglish (Japanese English) then I am with Engrish.

Way too many pre-release product manuals and such.

I can't help but get the feeling that English is quite limited and boring though, just from the translations. Japanese poetry must be beautiful.