Quantcast

couple dirt shots

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
shot w/ my low end digital. there is a few second delay from when I click the button to when the picture is actually taken.

I think this guy said his name was jim.
table at greenlake

Attachments

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
If you dont care about the mtbs me and my friends should come rideing to green lake some time, i think that would be kuhl. may be this weekend?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's not the type of bike that matters, it's the riders attitude towards the other riders and the jumps.

it takes alot of work to build and maintain those jumps (and all jumps), seems people like to show up, case the landings and not even offer to help work on them.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Those jumps are bad ass and look like a ton of fun!

How did you go about building them? Were the dirt piles already there or was dirt brought in?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Salami
Those jumps are bad ass and look like a ton of fun!

How did you go about building them? Were the dirt piles already there or was dirt brought in?
after years and years of the city destroying the jumps people would build, a couple of guys went to the city council meetings and asked that some dirt be left for us to use for jumps. the city said ok, where do you want the dirt?

that was maybe seven years ago.

they were built by hand with shovels. they are maintained by a couple of local kids that ride there. they are located in the city and get alot of abuse by EVERYBODY that walks or jogs or rides by.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
those are definately some rad trails, the only thing that they're missing is trees! but then again i live on the east coast where all trails are in the woods so maybe its just me.

Morgan

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
greenlake is in the middle of a big city park, sandwiched between a parking lot and a grassy field. last time i was there cars were parked in between some of the bottom sets and people were driving up and down the run-in.

besides the constant flow of people, greenlake is a really fun place to ride. just dont get out to the west side very often.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by mackster23
where abouts in seattle are they, i have some family that lives in seattle and i would like to hit those when i go visit them.
the jumps are near the soccer fields at Greenlake. pretty much as anyone where greenlake is, go there and ask where the soccer fields are, you can't mis em.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
they only look that nice about one month out of the year. right now, they are like gravel piles.

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
yea those jumps are awesome, i live about 5 minutes away. they are really good, and there is a community which has kept them up and maintained a relationship wiht the parks department so they havnt been in danger of being demolished. there are some really good bmx-ers that ride there, and i see mountain bike guys all the time. if you have a chance go, its right near woodland park zoo and greenlake's old aqua theater, check it out!