Couple pictures from Northstar/Downieville trip this last weekend

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Here are some pictures:

The crew at Downieville (I'm the one rocking the Guinness shirt):

The bridge before the first climb at Downieville

Here is me hitting that high speed double right before 3 amigos/manure pile at Northstar:

Here is me doing the banked ladder for the first time at Northstar:

Here is me hitting the jump/drop right before the ramp park at Northstar (landing halfway down that hill is fun):

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Scarpa said:
Nice pics. That ladder looks fun.. I'd probably be too chicken to hit anything else pictured. ;)

the ladder is probably the easiest out of everything, except the shot of them sitting on their bikes, that looks pretty straight forward.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
lol dude that was so you. Hahaha goodtimes. All those guys were from Santa Cruz too. I see them on the UC trails all the time. Stoked people actually recognized me out there. =] I was kind of living up to the name.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I think I saw you and your red upper link from the lift, but never ran into you on the ground...next time. Oh and cool pics.

But yeah it's weird, every one of those ladder stunts has a pretty sketchy entrance. None of them are that hard but just getting on them seems, I dunno, just weird. But that's true of a lot of stuff at Northstar, they just don't seem to get it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
OH MAN!! Those are some freaky pics, that really looks horrible. Like you just had a little ankle flesh holding your foot on! :eek:

Curious though, how did you colorize your vp-free links? Got any better pics of the frame?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I actually have a buddy who is a powder coater over at Santa Cruz. The bike is 1 of 2 bikes ever done by Santa Cruz like that with trans blue and trans red. Oh, the bash gaurd is also done trans blue too. =]

This is the only other images I have of the frame right now. Unfortunately when I broke up with the girlfriend I lost access to her nice digi cam.

scvw79

Chimp
Sep 9, 2005
Aptos, CA
yeah, im amazed that with the amount of mountain that they have at northstar,
that their trails, ramps and jumps are so under constructed...I have a better ride on the trails here at UCSC...even with the shuttle runs...