Quantcast

couple questions

Oct 11, 2010
Between a Specialized P.2 or a NS Holy (would add front fork)

whats good? Couldnt find pricing for the NS. but I can get a P.2 for about $850.
Is it worth buying the 24" Holy and throwing a Marzocchi fork on it?

Im a small guy (5'6"), would I be better off with the 24" vs the 26" P2?
I would like disc brakes, but none of the 24" have disc, is that a real big deal?
Other 24" I looked at was the Fall Guy, but just the frame is $700 right? And that is way outta my price range.

sorry for the noob questions, but my searches havent turned up anything but more questions!

Last edited:

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I'm guessing that this is a first bike for you? If so, then the P2 is a good choice. I'd stick with 26" wheels because it gives you a bit more flexibility to use the bike as something other than a dirt jumper. I'd also stick with disc brakes, they make a big difference - depending of course on how you are using the bike primarily.

Don't overlook the used market either. There are some awesome deals to be had out there.

Oct 11, 2010
think i found what i need.
not my frist bike, but def first DJ. I have an older Free agent trail devil I used to get crazy on a few years back and ride a Voodoo Hoodoo AL ss cross country and to commute.

its an 09 blackmarket riot for 500, sound like a good deal?

Jan 21, 2010
Sounds like a great deal for a complete riot. I've owned a few NS's and they are nice BTW. They're also inexpensive, your local LBS can get them through BTI.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
If it's a dedicated jumper i'd stick to 24s. People have a stigma about it, but they're tougher by far than 26s. I love mine.

Second vote for the used market. People go through these based on fashion. You should be able to find something great in the $500 range.