Quantcast

cove shocker chain guide

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
i know the frame doesnt have mounts, i have access to both adaptor plates, but my mrp guide doesnt seem tofit. is there some kind of spacing i need to do, or doi need another type of guide? because i did poorly intodays race due to a rigged chain guide andi want to set my shocker upright when i get it (i was riding an std which i think is the same)

big dan

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
i know the frame doesnt have mounts, i have access to both adaptor plates, but my mrp guide doesnt seem tofit. is there some kind of spacing i need to do, or doi need another type of guide? because i did poorly intodays race due to a rigged chain guide andi want to set my shocker upright when i get it (i was riding an std which i think is the same)

I just used the ISCG 05 adaptor with an E13 on my shocker and it set up sweet. You shouldnt need to play with spacers unless the MRP mounting is a lot different to the E13?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
all i know is when i try to mount it all up, the chain ring rubs against the taco thing and the plastic on the top(on the inside)
use BB spacers between the crank and the guide boomerang until it clears the crank and you are good. I use 1.5mm of spacers with a Lg1 guide on my shocker and its good (saint cranks if it matters)

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
09 shocker DH with Gravity Light cranks and MRP G2.

Instal in this order, frame, spacer, guide, BB. Very light rub when in 12 tooth on cassett. I was concerned about the rub and the guy at MRP said it was normal and should not affect anything.

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
alright, cause im getting an 08or 09 shocker. and i have an mrp g2 guide, and it didnt come with an adaptor, but my shop ordered a few e13 guides and more adaptors