Quantcast

Cove Shocker

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have seen a few pics on MTBR but does anyone have any more pics of the Cove Shocker. Please post them. It looks to be a VP. Will it take a front derailer? I checked Cove website and nothing. I emailed Cove last week and nothing.

TIA :D

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
its more of a dw link/karpiel bike with both links rotating in the same direction.

Looks to be a really sweet ride

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
... I heard they're coming out with a new big-drop bike next year with 10" of travel.

I think it was called the Donkey Punch or something...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I dont like the color of the one. Cove ususally offers a lot of cool colors though. It looks like it might even take a front derailer.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Now thats what Im talking about. Thanks for all the pics. Now the question remains, will it take a front derailer?

I see it has two holes for the shock. What are the travel options?

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Doesn't look like it'll take a FD. The bottom of the would-be seattube appears to be welded to the DT in front of the BB shell. Could be wrong though.

Still don't see why the seat tube couldn't be straight instead of a 2-piece deal.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
ya it looks like a straight seat tube to the BB would work fine, currently you could only mount a BB mount fron der, becuz the front der wouldn't line up correctly on the lower seat tube(too far forward) the chain also doesn't have much room to move in closer to the frame for a granny gear.