Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Seeing lots of FB and IG ads for face coverings. The copy and comments are hilarious.

The ads make no reference to safety but are clearly implying that the world wants masks so we started making them.

The commenters repeatedly bash the masks for not being n95, and go so far as to say n95 masks are available at lower prices at Home Depot or similar.

Then people complain about the prices and profiteering. I’m pretty sure that there’s supply and demand going on here. Comments pop up like - I’d like to buy from your US company but Chinese sellers charge less and deliver faster.

Comments bitching about delivery times are awesome. LA based company says says 3-5 days delivery time and people in LA complain that the shipping costs as much as the product. Really?! Shipping standard mail usually takes a day or two. Shipping with priority costs more, and we are in a pandemic lockdown. $10 mask $10 shipping.

Never mind the fact that SoCal now has many areas with mandatory face covering laws in effect. Imagine the demand for these products suddenly going through the roof. These companies are employing people at a time of “essential jobs only” and they have to risk their health for production and distribution.

One of my favorites was - You say you ship in 3 days but I ordered my mask 7 days ago and don’t have shipping confirmation! The response was - We launched our web store 3 days ago, so I’m not sure how you order from us 7 days ago.

Ah. Humans on the Internet.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Scrublover at work

Is already my FB profile pic!

Is shitty. We've now opened up several new C19 ICU spots. Numbers are for vented patients.

My 20 bed normally mixed med/surg/ct-surg ICU has 2 neg pressure rooms we are leaving empty, devoted to procedures. 8 beds devoted to + pateints, the other 8 are for anyone needing ICU level care that is not C19 + or R/O.

SDU has 10 beds, our PCU has 12. Both with one neg pressure room.
Our ASU/day surgery has 18 beds. Our dialysis unit has 10. Both have one neg pressure room.

We've 6 that we are running CRRT variations on. No echmo yet - we have that capability, but on a small scale. We've got two setups. Basically a one patient using it and a backup in the event that one shits the bed. We have discussed double triple or quad vent setups. Our layouts are such that that would maybe get us about 20-30 additional vented patients. Our CT surgeons continue to do elective cases. Fuck those guys. The powers that be will continue to let that happen though, as that's the only thing really bringing money into our ICU.

When I left this AM, we had 48 + vented cases, 2 r/o vented cases. Not sure on + or r/o cases in the non-icu areas.
Our stats in terms of demos are in line with most of the NY metro area numbers, AFAIK.

I was on my ICU 10 bed side with a newly off orientation nurse who took 3 patients, and ASU nurse who took 2 patients. I had the post-op 7v cabg i mentioned the other day on an impella (still!), a pt. with a new pontine bleed (q1* neuro checks FTMFW), and a vented r/o patient. And was in charge for figuring out the AM staffing for all those units for the next shift.

We are nowhere near as bad as some of the big city hospitals. By no stretch. Our PPE is holding steady, though we are conserving as much as we can. Our management can go eat a bowl of dicks. We have had a VERY good response, mostly based on out ID doc, and our ICU educator. They saw the writing on the wall early, and got things going for our plans. Apparantly there was a lot of arm twisting.

I don't expect a further big peak and drop. I expect a flattening with recurring undulations of up/down we're good/fuck/we're good/fuck

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
From a co-workers FB page. A friend of hers, NOT her.

"One thing I can say is there will be no vaccine for me!"

I responded asking if she wanted that on a stone or an urn.

Apparently she doesn't "trust" vaccines.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
From a co-workers FB page. A friend of hers, NOT her.

"One thing I can say is there will be no vaccine for me!"

I responded asking if she wanted that on a stone or an urn.

Apparently she doesn't "trust" vaccines.
Does she wear a red baseball cap sometimes?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I believe in science. I may not be smart enough to understand all (most) of it, but it holds me firmly in it's cleanly gloved mitts.

You fucking science denying, faith believing, anti-vax, conspiracy believing morons can go die as kindling in/on dumpster fire in which you have poured lighter fluid.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Apparently social distancing in my county and nearby Denver means everyone head to the same two trailheads in our our nearby vicinity. Both were packed when wife and I did a local road ride this afternoon staying vaguely near our house as we have been doing.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I believe in science. I may not be smart enough to understand all (most) of it, but it holds me firmly in it's cleanly gloved mitts.

You fucking science denying, faith believing, anti-vax, conspiracy believing morons can go die as kindling in/on dumpster fire in which you have poured lighter fluid.
I saw a friend of a friend post something to the effect of "No way I'm letting the government put some random antibodies in me" in response to them posting about Fauci's announcement that antibody testing is imminent.

Just threw my phone in a blender and walked away, didn't even want to try and sort that one out.

People being "skeptical" of the "untested" vaccine they think the government is going to forcibly inject them are equally dumb. They don't seem to realize that the vaccines exist, and have existed for months mow, but the reason we can't get them for another 12-18 months is that they're going through testing. Further, the government can't even figure out a way to force Karen to vaccinate her fuck-trophies against polio, and that vaccine has been around since pretty much forever, you really think they're going to manage to force a totally untested one on us all?

In other religious whack-job news, there are new county-wide restrictions banning all gatherings of more than 2 people, with the exception of funerals, and no exemption for religious gatherings. Seems like somebody at the county is targeting out dumbshit former Mayor and his Ester service that cost him his mayorship. Could make for an interesting Supreme-court case is the Sherif grows a pair and does his job.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Dude.

Uncalled for.

I will gladly provide the lighter fluid. In abundance. No need to rely on their competence at all.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Talked a good friend last night. He is super stressed out from work, he is scrambling to close a contract. Fears that if they don't get the paperwork signed ASAP it will get cancelled, this will shut his company down and he would get laid off. On top of that his 17 year old son keeps going out an socializing with his girlfriend and friends. He is in his early 50s and has some health issues and is terrified of getting sick.

He has threatened to not let the kid back in the house if he leaves again, but everyone knows his wife will let the kid back in. Our conclusion was that my buddy is going to make me the payee on all his life insurance. If he gets sick and dies I will dispense money to take care of his family, but will be a giant dick about it and remind them they killed Jason with every check written.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Talked a good friend last night. He is super stressed out from work, he is scrambling to close a contract. Fears that if they don't get the paperwork signed ASAP it will get cancelled, this will shut his company down and he would get laid off. On top of that his 17 year old son keeps going out an socializing with his girlfriend and friends. He is in his early 50s and has some health issues and is terrified of getting sick.

He has threatened to not let the kid back in the house if he leaves again, but everyone knows his wife will let the kid back in. Our conclusion was that my buddy is going to make me the payee on all his life insurance. If he gets sick and dies I will dispense money to take care of his family, but will be a giant dick about it and remind them they killed Jason with every check written.
Pay to the order of: Jasonwife
Amount: Zero dollars and zero fucking cents. $0.00
Memo: For killing my bro

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

That kid needs some push-ups.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That kid needs some push-ups.
That kid has been told by his mother that he is a super genius since he was a toddler. He gets good grades but seems like a regular dipshit teenager to me. What is true is the fact that he believes he is a super genius and is smarter than everyone else. Eventually life is going to smack him around real good. He applied to Stanford, Harvard and even Cambridge thinking he was a shoe in for a full ride. He might be starting to get the point as he has been rejected by all of them but I am sure he just assumes the admissions people are just too stupid to select him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That kid has been told by his mother that he is a super genius since he was a toddler. He gets good grades but seems like a regular dipshit teenager to me. What is true is the fact that he believes he is a super genius and is smarter than everyone else. Eventually life is going to smack him around real good. He applied to Stanford, Harvard and even Cambridge thinking he was a shoe in for a full ride. He might be starting to get the point as he has been rejected by all of them but I am sure he just assumes the admissions people are just too stupid to select him.
Darwin.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The number of otherwise rational folks around here who won't get a flu shot for one imagined reason or another is interesting.
Never had a flu shot. Not an anti-vaxer either. Anti-social with a bit of germaphobia. And I rarely get sick since I quit drinking. Alcohol significantly weakens your immune system. Bar culture is one of the worst places for disease transmission. Bar flies keep passing around the same illness to each other. Very glad to be away from that scene.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Never had a flu shot. Not an anti-vaxer either. Anti-social with a bit of germaphobia. And I rarely get sick since I quit drinking. Alcohol significantly weakens your immune system. Bar culture is one of the worst places for disease transmission. Bar flies keep passing around the same illness to each other. Very glad to be away from that scene.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Can’t wait for this to be over so I don’t have to get another work email that says “I hope you’re okay” along with the work. As if you’d send one that says “I hope you’re on a vent.”